Dare_Devil_Dennis

Free Member
Apr 22, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hello and please let me introduce ourselves.
Dennis and Jean Downie. We have been caravaners for 40+ continuous years and this year have "converted" to a Motorhome. We are both retired and decided that a motorhome might be a sensible change now we do not need to plan and restrict ourselves to a fixed kind of holiday to fit in with working schedules and spending our only two or three weeks on a pitch at the mercy of the weather. How many years have we had wet caravan holidays entertaining the kids only to drive away on the last day in perfect sunshine? Now we think we can just hop in the motorhome and point it somewhere when the weather looks promising for as long as it stays nice. I hope I am not just dreaming.
So, we have the Motorhome, but have not used it yet (soon though).
Hoping for lots of advice and encouragement. This seems to be a great place to share.
I am an ex-engineer. I like to design and "engineer" things and I have already made a few "improvements" to our motorhome (a Swift Champagne 684 from Brownhills).
So, looking forward to using this forum.
Best wishes to all...

Paddyfrog

Free Member
Mar 25, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Congratulations on getting a MH and being retired........ all that free time sounds so enticing!
I have no experience of a caravan, and none with a MH. After a year of procrastination, we finally got our MH three weeks ago. Yes, the idea of being able to follow the weather is very tempting. We live in France now, and I find the weather glorious, four real seasons, and the summer one sunny and hot. Just perfect for MH-ing.
Glad you have joined and look forward to hearing your improvements as my husband is also very nifty with making improvements. No time right now, in fact it is back to work right now!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Hi from Matlock! I think you'll love the freedom of both retirement & motorhoming!

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
Hope you aren't a Derby supporter at this time of the season.

Still - I'm a Chesterfield supporter - nuff said!

Enjoy your new venture.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2015
Ashbourne
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 645
Exp
Since 2013
Hi. Welcome aboard. I am sure you will enjoy your motorhome and all the experiences that you will have. Just got back from wintering in Spain and into a snow storm last night in Stafford. Mike. DE6

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back