D&G

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Woolavington, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Swift Suntor
Exp
Hi everyone, we have just upgraded from first a T2 bay and more recently a T5 LWB which we have just sold and purchased a Fiat Ducato Swift Sunator from West Country motorhomes in somerset.
We have had the VW's for 4 years, the T2 (named after Dougal from the magic roundabout) we had for 18 months and was a romance buy as we loved the look of them, we had great fun and loved the scene but was always worrying about breaking down, no heating, power steering and all those other mod cons eventually took their toll and we upgraded to a T5.
The T5 was named Mrs Pepperpot because she was Paprika red and was my daily driver as well as our campervan. We carried out many mods over the 2.5 years we had her, new poptop roof, 3/4 rock and roll bed, the list goes on. But I recently managed to get a job that came with a company car and so I thought if the van is going to sit on the drive all week, when we go out at the weekend i'd like to have something with more space, a bigger bed, a shower, a proper cooker, a proper toilet, plus i'm getting closer to retirement and hopefully have more time to do longer trips and the T5 was ok for a week but not longer.
So, we have put a deposit on the Fiat, we pick it up on May 17th and can't wait, first trip will be to Dartmouth the weekend after.
Gill will be along at some point to say hi, she is the reader and information gatherer, I do the writing and posting of pictures :)

And this is Ozzie, because the reg ends in OZ-C
17084588482_1f3e4262bc_b.jpg
[/IMG]
[/url]WP_20150403_001 [/IMG]

Dave and Gill

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Welcome to the forum. Exciting times ahead and the van looks lovely, bet you cannot wait to get her/him.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: D&G

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and welcome to MHF(y)(y)
Brian & Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and welcome to MHF(y)(y)
Brian & Jo

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Dave & Gill and welcome from Eastbourne. :welc:

OP
OP
D&G

D&G

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Woolavington, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Swift Suntor
Exp
Thanks for all your welcomes (y)

I do have one worry with the new MH, my T5 was 5.2 mtrs long and the new one is 6.3, not a great deal of difference but we are a bit wider and taller as well, and I just wondered how people got on on small country lanes and coastal towns with car parks etc. Do you park up on the edge of towns and walk in ??
With the T5 I could fit pretty much anywhere

Dave

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Ours is 6m long and near enough 3m tall. If there is a height barrier no chance of getting into a car park. If there is a suitable P&R we use that or find somewhere on the edge of town where we can park without inconveniencing anyone and use the bikes. If possible we park in the end space in a car park, reverse in so the overhang is over grass verge (assuming there is one!) and as close to the edge not next to the adjoining space if you can follow that.

Graham ( @GJH )has a site of suitable parking places: http://www.motorhomeparking.co.uk/ which is wonderful.

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
:welc:Nice van (y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Ours is 6m long and near enough 3m tall. If there is a height barrier no chance of getting into a car park. If there is a suitable P&R we use that or find somewhere on the edge of town where we can park without inconveniencing anyone and use the bikes. If possible we park in the end space in a car park, reverse in so the overhang is over grass verge (assuming there is one!) and as close to the edge not next to the adjoining space if you can follow that.

Graham ( @GJH )has a site of suitable parking places: http://www.motorhomeparking.co.uk/ which is wonderful.
Thanks Helen :)
We find that in the majority of places where we have camped in the last few years we haven't needed to use the van to get out and about as we have been able to use public transport. That is particularly the case when camping at MCC and C&CC rallies and temporary holiday sites, many of which are chosen because of their proximity to bus stops.
:welc:by the way

OP
OP
D&G

D&G

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Woolavington, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Swift Suntor
Exp
Hi Wildman, no , not too far away, and we will be visiting your area quite often, we love croyde and Woolacombe and all along that area

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Dave and Gill, welcome to the Fun (y)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
welcome to the house of fun. come to a meet and see the rest of the funsters.

OP
OP
D&G

D&G

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Woolavington, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Swift Suntor
Exp
Hi Cruiser, we get the new MH on may 17th and the weekend after we are off to Dartmouth for a long weekend, but after that we will be watching to see what's going on where and will definitely come along. Are there many in Somerset/Devon/Dorset ??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back