Hi from concrete cow land, moooo (1 Viewer)

abra80dog

Free Member
Nov 2, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
ADRIA CORAL 660SL
Exp
IM A NEWBIE
Nice to join the club; especially with the help i got last night with an annoying electrical fault on our Adria Coral 660. I couldn't believe that within a couple of hours from joiningand posting my problem I had 5+ guys trying to help me out. Thankyou.
Well, somebody has to live here havent they?
Plan to escape after Xmas with a trip to Spain in the van, with the wife and dog (Max, Cairn terrier).
Any help and advice from people who have done this trip, places to stay/ avoid (places and people). etc will be most appreciated.
Dog has a passport but we have never been able to use it yet but now we have invested in trying to be free agents we no longer have any excuse for not taking to the long road to climates anew.
So, please contact me with stopovers, best routes (scenic and fast) to maybe as far as Benidorm via coastal avenues from Spain, Barcelona, Valencia (I think, maybe looking at it wrong though, you tell me)
Also interested in any Rallies etc. in the UK as never done that before (had a caravan for 2 years but just followed my son Richard on his various racing race things)
Wifey is called Nicky, would like to converse and learn about motor homing.
Thanks

Bernie

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Glad you sorted the electrics.
Are you planning on driving to Spain(through France) or taking the Long Ferry(Santander/ Bilbao)?

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Bernie & Nicky and welcome to the Fun! (y):welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Welcome to you all. (y)

You will get some daft responses to questions asked, all in good FUN of course, but, as you have found out already, you will also receive some very good advice,

Bonjour, from not-so-sunny-today France

:france::france::france:

John

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Bernie and Nicky, welcome to the Fun (y)

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Welcome to the group.
Milton Keynes egh!
Lived in and around the area for around 30 years before moving to France

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
hello and welcome to the house of fun. we live the other side of the m1. not far from jun15. glad to have you on board.:mad::)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Spain is going to be very busy this winter based on the crowds last year and advice re Morocco. would be a good idea to book a pitch now if you want to get into benidorm

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Welcome to the FUN.

So, please contact me with stopovers, best routes (scenic and fast) to maybe as far as Benidorm via coastal avenues from Spain, Barcelona, Valencia
If you put any of those places into the search box (top right, just above your name), you will get loads of posts to read.

There are two recent trip reports, one by DevonBeekeeper & another by DavidG58 on their recent Spanish journeys. Both well worth a read - partly because they will lead you to other members with Spanish experience, so you can then search for their posts for even more info.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your travels.

OP
OP
abra80dog

abra80dog

Free Member
Nov 2, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
ADRIA CORAL 660SL
Exp
IM A NEWBIE
Thank you all for the very warm welcome and advice (so far, more is also good). we will be crossing to Calais I think as we can have a brief stop over in ramsgate to see outr family there for a couple of days. Interesting that it is recomended to book sites. I wouldnt have even considered that they would be full up at that time of year (we have a lot to learn). Also have a lot to learn about navigating this site as well.

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Welcome,
Alan + Diane,