Hi from Bedford (1 Viewer)

MK41Terrier

Free Member
Aug 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
T5 self style conv
Exp
12 years with a caravan 7 years also with a camper van, long enough to know better.
Hi Guys,

despite having owned a self built camper for the last 7 years I’m reading Joy Wilkinson’s new book a holiday home on wheels which is a great guide for those starting out. I’m considering upgrading to a “motor home” and this forum is recommend, so here I am.

I‘m looking for advice from those with experience of owning different brands. I’m after a sub 6M vehicle with good storage space a decent payload and a useable shower. I’m in no rush as an auto with cruise, ac, good torque and mpg are also on my list. Innovative design and good built quality is a must.

my preference is CL sites ideally at a pub but decent sites with good facilities especially a pool are always welcome. Safe cycle routes and dog walks are also a
must.

here for fun not profit

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from The Cotswolds! (y)

Have a look at Marquis Majestic ‘vans - and as many others as you can! What sort of layout do you want - fixed bed, etc?:unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MK41Terrier

MK41Terrier

Free Member
Aug 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
T5 self style conv
Exp
12 years with a caravan 7 years also with a camper van, long enough to know better.
Welcome from The Cotswolds! (y)

Have a look at Marquis Majestic ‘vans - and as many others as you can! What sort of layout do you want - fixed bed, etc?:unsure:
Hi Andy,

I was thinking of possibly a transverse rear double with a garage but have also seen the rear singles which can convert to a double with a garage. i was surprised to see that some French bed options also have good storage but not always from outside. I’m open to offers on layouts really though but think may of the traditional U options lack storage. IMHO. Space for Chairs BBQ windbreak flag poles etc is essential even collapsible table etc for eating outside. In the caravan we have the awning and in the camper we often take a cheap old tent to store our stuff in or eat/sit in when it rains etc.

somewhere to store stuff is essential. whilst weight is the enemy you need ”stuff” when you’re on hols.

thanks for the Marquis tip.

3 of us and a stinky dog

:)

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Hi Andy,

I was thinking of possibly a transverse rear double with a garage but have also seen the rear singles which can convert to a double with a garage. i was surprised to see that some French bed options also have good storage but not always from outside. I’m open to offers on layouts really though but think may of the traditional U options lack storage. IMHO. Space for Chairs BBQ windbreak flag poles etc is essential even collapsible table etc for eating outside. In the caravan we have the awning and in the camper we often take a cheap old tent to store our stuff in or eat/sit in when it rains etc.

somewhere to store stuff is essential. whilst weight is the enemy you need ”stuff” when you’re on hols.

thanks for the Marquis tip.

3 of us and a stinky dog

:)
Our 155 has a French bed, with plenty of storage underneath and, whilst you cannot get large items (tables, chairs) out of the external locker hatch, getting them from under the bed in the ‘van needs only be done once whilst on site….especially if you have ‘outside’ storage like an awning. We tend not to move off-site in the ‘van once set up, but it depends upon how long you like to stay in the same place!;)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
w2f

I think that I've seen your 'van around Bedford.... I'll wave when I see you next :)

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow Hello GIF by filmeditor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MK41Terrier

MK41Terrier

Free Member
Aug 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
T5 self style conv
Exp
w2f

I think that I've seen your 'van around Bedford.... I'll wave when I see you next :)
Excellent:) hope I wasn’t holding you up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back