Free Member
Aug 16, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
turned 'one day .....' to reality in 2014
.......Well lad might be stretching things a bit.
Hi all, after a few years lurking feel its time to join in the funhouse.
After about 10 years of planning and reading MMM finally decided to go for it in 2014 and acquired our PVC Autocruise Accent. Totally love it, though would like designer who came up with the truma dial controls to explain to me what strange substances he/she was on when they designed them - also would like a word with the Swift person that thought it would be a good giggle to bury them at floor height - under the bed! Had wanted a pure two berth but SWMBO thought that should have an extra possible berth for taking grandchildren so found that the Accent best met our requirements and could park at home. So followed @Minxy Girl and her mods on her van to be gutted when she then became a Goafer:) . Joined MF when I found a duffers guide to the truma controls and then found this great resource! Still working unfortunately so can't get away as much as we'd like but..... one day..........:D

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
:ello: Well if you've lurked for a while you know we're either as mad as a bag of snakes or a box of frogs....take your pick really:LOL:

But welcome & hope you get on a meet or rally somewhere:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Hugh, welcome to the fun house!

Sorry about changing to a Globecar but if there are any queries ref the Accent ask away ... it was a lovely van and if we hadn't wanted something a bit bigger would still have it now.

Did you do my mod on moving the heater controls to the side of the wardrobe? Very easy to do as the connections on the rear of the dials just push/clip on so once you've drilled the holes in the wardrobe/locker sides etc and fitted the dials in their new location it's just a matter of connecting it all back up again.

I put info on the dials in a resource here:

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/truma-dials-diagram.183/

Attachments

• truma dial 1.JPG
    truma dial 1.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 17
  • truma dial 2.JPG
    truma dial 2.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
hughb40

hughb40

Free Member
Aug 16, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
:ello: Well if you've lurked for a while you know we're either as mad as a bag of snakes or a box of frogs....take your pick really:LOL:

But welcome & hope you get on a meet or rally somewhere:)
Think as we've decided to grow old disgracefully and irresponsibly we hopefully qualify as members! :)

OP
OP
hughb40

hughb40

Free Member
Aug 16, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
Hi Hugh, welcome to the fun house!

Sorry about changing to a Globecar but if there are any queries ref the Accent ask away ... it was a lovely van and if we hadn't wanted something a bit bigger would still have it now.

Did you do my mod on moving the heater controls to the side of the wardrobe? Very easy to do as the connections on the rear of the dials just push/clip on so once you've drilled the holes in the wardrobe/locker sides etc and fitted the dials in their new location it's just a matter of connecting it all back up again.

I put info on the dials in a resource here:

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/truma-dials-diagram.183/
Hi Minxy -Thanks for this, the controls diagram should be licensed to Swift!!:D2
And yes did see your piece on moving the controls - to where they should have been in the first place!), but on inspection we didn't have the excess wire at the back of the analog controls to allow us to do it easily. As time has passed I'm now looking at the CP+ LED control panel as a mod as I have checked with Truma and our combi4 is suitable so its on the project list (ever growing!)(y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome:WelcomeFlag:

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
:hiya::WelcomeFlag:from yet another Staffordian

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Minxy -Thanks for this, the controls diagram should be licensed to Swift!!:D2
And yes did see your piece on moving the controls - to where they should have been in the first place!), but on inspection we didn't have the excess wire at the back of the analog controls to allow us to do it easily. As time has passed I'm now looking at the CP+ LED control panel as a mod as I have checked with Truma and our combi4 is suitable so its on the project list (ever growing!)(y)
I've just looked up the Truma CP Plus and it may also mean replacing the PCB as it is likely that yours won't be compatible so all in it could cost around £270 for the parts if you need both :eek: ... extending the wire would be a LOT cheaper, even if you bought the Truma cable and spliced it to your existing :)...

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
hughb40

Hi and :pink: its good to see you are fully "Funstered" up, now just to get the W out of the way any start having Fun big time, there are lots of rallies and meets going on so hope to catch up with you.

Martin

OP
OP
hughb40

hughb40

Free Member
Aug 16, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
I've just looked up the Truma CP Plus and it may also mean replacing the PCB as it is likely that yours won't be compatible so all in it could cost around £270 for the parts if you need both :eek: ... extending the wire would be a LOT cheaper, even if you bought the Truma cable and spliced it to your existing :)...
Thanks Minxy!
Did check with Truma at the '15 NEC show '(why are we going again' asked SWMBO 'when we now have our MH' - not impressed with my (to me, perfectly reasonable) response - 'just to make sure we got the right one!:)) and they said check the pcb/firmware version. Did that upon return and it is v05.02.00 and in a black boiler jacket. Then found this on truma site..."The retrofit option is also interesting for customers with new vehicles. The current Truma heater is already installed in the models of the season 2013/2014. "Some manufacturers however still install the older analogue Combi control panel into their vehicles," says Koch. "Whilst the customers have a new Combi device with a new PCB on board, they cannot use the new functions with the old control knob." Customers can recognise the new Combi heater by its modern black housing. In this case, only the LCD display, but not the PCB needs to be retrofitted to make full use of the convenience and comfort of the new Combi generation." So think I'm ok but will need to check...but did see that cp plus lcd on its own is about £150.. :eek:...which is why it is still on the 'to do list'! Think you're extending truma cable link idea is much more cost effective(y) and there is nothing wrong with the controls, just crazy labels and crazy position!
Will let you know!
Hugh

Last edited:
OP
OP
hughb40

hughb40

Free Member
Aug 16, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
hughb40

Hi and :pink: its good to see you are fully "Funstered" up, now just to get the W out of the way any start having Fun big time, there are lots of rallies and meets going on so hope to catch up with you.

Martin
Thanks Martin - yeah that 'W' factor is spoiling all my fun. Worse having mh at home as it constantly mocks me, saying ...'come on, you know you want to set off somewhere, anywhere don't you':(

Last edited:
OP
OP
hughb40

hughb40

Free Member
Aug 16, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
Hello we are from Shropshire as well . Welcome to Fun
Hi and thank you fellow shropshire lover - err, not sure that reads quite right but hopefully you know what I mean:D

OP
OP
hughb40

hughb40

Free Member
Aug 16, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
There are hundreds of us!

We have a very secret society but I fear you may not survive the initiation ceremony ;)
Hi Janine,
If it involves bbq of shropshire free range meat then I'm in, (other half and most of family went vegan on me years ago(n)) sadly drinking days are behind me though!:D

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello we are from Shropshire as well . Welcome to Fun
Hmmm, I'd forgotten about you moving to Shropshire. Does that mean you are now nearer for Janine & Barrie's ukulele nights on Wednesdays? (y)

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back