Banned
Jun 29, 2013
West Midlands>Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Diesel Pusher
Exp
Since July 2014
Just to say Hi and I hope that you folks will take pity on a poor 'newbie' for the dumb questions I will probably be asking from time to time:winky:

About to buy our very first motorhome after spending 3 months looking around and researching. Really liked the Pilote Reference and Explorateur....but then we were blown-away when we saw our first American RV - the amount of space and driving position were just too good to ignore, but I know, I know, we will pay for it with the atrocious MPG figures and the 'hate' we will probably get from other camp site users (from what I have read in some forums). Why is that?

A new job in Devon by the half that is still working for a living has left me up here in the Midlands alone in the week to get the house sold so we can move down there. Hatching a plan to use the motorhome to live in down in Devon whilst we look around for a house and in the shorter term, to avoid paying for a room for the other half during the week-days.....but then life in the week is so peaceful here these days :roflmto:
If anyone knows of good sites in commuting distance of Exeter that accept American RV's I would love to know please :thumb:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Hi and welcome! If you log on to the sister site www.rvoc.co.uk that is where all relevant US RV owners are. You will find a wealth of knowledge regarding RV sites there.

Craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, I suppose it all depends on what you call commuting distance. To find th sites that can accomodate an RV you need the big pitch guide, sold by Mo and dick, members here of course.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun:flyingwelcome:

Join us or log in to post a reply.