Hi Folks - This is my first post (1 Viewer)

mariner41

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
scotland
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
3 years
I've just bought an Autoquest 120. I've had a couple of trips - Pitlochry and Fort William - thoroughly enjoyed myself and everything in the van worked fine.

We carried our drinking water in a plastic jerry can but found it difficult to fill our kettle from it. Does anyone know if there's a stand that can be bought to hold it off the ground? I've searched the internet but can't find anything at all.

Thanks for your time.

Jim

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Mariner41 & :welcome:to MHFun.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Good morning Jim wish I could be out travelling the highlands, but must do some work, welcome
Larry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've just bought an Autoquest 120. I've had a couple of trips - Pitlochry and Fort William - thoroughly enjoyed myself and everything in the van worked fine.

We carried our drinking water in a plastic jerry can but found it difficult to fill our kettle from it. Does anyone know if there's a stand that can be bought to hold it off the ground? I've searched the internet but can't find anything at all.

Thanks for your time.

Jim

Has it stopped raining. Was up in Alford last week, it rained like it was an Olympic Event. The reason we bought a MH was touring Loch Lomond on a bike just two years ago we got so wet it convinced us we were getting too old for that sort of touring.

We use a couple of 5l square thick plastic "cans" bought at a show. Just the job for a good few days. Why don't you get one smaller one and decant every few days ?

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome, Im a newbie to this site as well.

In answer to your question, I dont know of a stand but i do know that you can get the white plastic gerry can style of fresh water container with a tap set in it from camping shop shops, so you just have to put it on a worksurface once filled and use the tap for supply.You can also get them in the collapsable concertina style which when empty weigh next to nothing - we have one of those.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi there and WELCOME mariner41:winky:

Best place to look for a stand I would think look in a mainly camping shop, sounds more like there type of thing.

Dave:thumb::thumb::thumb:

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
HI and welcome to Motorhome fun:thumb::thumb:

Just a thought, but would it not be easier to use your on board tank, or doesn't it have one? and run the water through the taps.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi and :welcome:to the funsters!

We are fairly new also to m/h , we use one of those collapsible water containers with a spout and refill it every few days, we bought ours in 'The Range' only a pound or two but are availble most places for camping

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back