Free Member
Mar 26, 2021
St Albans, UK or Langoelan, France
Funster No
MH
CI Carioca 644
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Folks. I'm John, I'm a black belt geek and I love things with wheels. Four wheels are good, 2 wheels better but three wheels are optimal. If it has a V-Twin engine on the front it is nearing perfection.
When in the UK we are based in St Albans but we have a second home in France and the intention is to become French residents in 2021 and spend more time in France than the UK. When that happens, having a motorhome in the UK will become much more important so that we can pay flying visits to family and friends at short notice.
I am a practical person and can turn my hand to most things so owning a motorhome is one big adventure for me. There are so many systems built into every motorhome that seemingly need regular attention.
The project at the moment is to try to resurrect the Truma C 3402 which provides plenty of hot water but no hot air. I have spoken to a Truma expert and he is happy to take a look but if that fails, I fancy having a go at fitting a 2kW diesel heater.
I'm looking forward to coming along to a few rallies and meeting some of you... when Covid permits!

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Call me John

The manager of a large office noticed a new man one day and told him to come into his office.

"What is your name?" was the first thing the manager asked the new guy.

"John," the new guy replied.

The manager scowled, "Look... I don't know what kind of a mamby-pamby place you worked before, but I don't call anyone by their first name.

It breeds familiarity and that leads to a breakdown in authority. I refer to my employees by their last name only... Smith, Jones, Baker... That's all. I am to be referred to only as Mr. Robertson. Now that we got that straight, what is your last name?"

The new guy sighed, "Darling. My name is John Darling."

"Okay John, the next thing I want to tell you is..."

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi John :welcome4: to fun.
Motorhomes are a great way to travel, 🙂 friends and family with lots of parking make life easy, we love ours we keep having a tinker with ours put some water in the other day and filled the gas bottle, just to make the decision now 😉 to go now or after the Easter rush, if we stop at home we are in a popular Spanish seaside town, if we go we might get away from the crowds and head into the mountains. 😁 Bob.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Whats Up Hello GIF by Make it Move

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester