Hi - finally taken the plunge! (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2017
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T60
Exp
Since September 2017 after a Maui van in NZ 20 years ago
Hi
This is my third attempt at retirement but the purchase of a motorhome last September seems to be making this attempt much more likely to stick.
Few practice trips at home then left UK at beginning of December. Been in Spain since just before Christmas and it has been a revelation. Great weather around Alicante whilst the rest of Europe has frozen. Met some amazing folk, chatting to our Austrian neighbours tonight discovered that he was another elderly snowboarder and his son was a snowboarding world champion in the early 2000s.
Speaking of which we are hoping to drive back from Spain to the Alps in early March to see our son who is working in Morzine. Does anyone have any advice about aires in ski resorts, particularly Morzine or any other advice about Motorhomes in ski resorts.( being a newbie should I put this query on the European touring forum?)
Cheers
Bob and Amanda

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Hello and welcome! :D

We used to have a chalet in Morzine so I know it very well. I don't know anything about the Morzine Aires though I'm afraid. We did go skiing this year for the first time though - we went to la Bresse and had a great time. The best advice I can give is to fit snow tyres.

OP
OP
Bob W
Oct 30, 2017
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T60
Exp
Since September 2017 after a Maui van in NZ 20 years ago
Thanks for the advice.
In Spain at the moment so a little late to fit snow tyres.
Hopefully the road to Morzine won’t be too bad and if it is I’ll get chance to try my new snow socks!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Well done to you Bob for getting on here at last. Good to meet you and Amanda on this trip. Happy travels. (y)

Jul 4, 2016
sidcup
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic c line 5.0
Exp
a few years
hello and welcome

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun