Free Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Returning to motorhoming
I'm looking to get a motorhome after a 15 year break - loads of new stuff out there so I'm hoping to pick up tips on the good and the bad. My previous van was an old Transporter with no loo or heating, so now I'm debating the merits of diesel vs gas heating; 3 way fridge or just electric; satellite systems; under slung LPG tanks etc etc
The critical question just now is does size matter? :Smile:
My favourite PVC comes in 5.9 or 6.4m and I'm wondering just how much difference that makes in ferry costs, parking issues and general manoeuvrability.
Any advice gratefully received
Gill

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome back to the wonderful world of motorhomeing :Smile: I would go for 3 way fridge, underfloor LPG tank and gas heating. Under 6 meters is cheaper on the ferrys. Good luck with your search and ask any questions you need.
Someone may have completly different views :welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello Gill
welcome to fun. You will get loads of advice from the knowledgeable folks on the site, chat , from such as me.:Smile:
We plan on selling our present Motorhome in a few years. Not yet cos we love it and it suits our family needs . But as we get older and more and more childless we plan on buying a long wheel base van and converting it.
Well Ralph will do the converting , not me .
We have a friend who's a cabinet maker , were getting him to do the wooden bits , and are going for a long wheel base so we can get a wet room / loo and a bit more storage into it .
We also want front swivel seats , and rear lounge single bench /beds .
It will have Webasto diesel heating as our present motorhome has it. You cant beat it. Warms the whole vehicle , stationary or driving , no cold spots.
It will also have the gas/electric fridge and gas cooker and hob . We shall have new Trojan batteries and the new inverter that Ralphs fitted to our present van will be taken off and fixed to it.
That way i can use a proper hair dryer , microwave if needed , what ever. Without relying on hook up. Totally quality made exactly to our requirements .:yeah:
We plan on travelling to more out of the way places that we can reach at the moment with our present motorhome. Not wishing the years away , at all , but its something else to look forward to further down the line. We shall have it finished before we retire :Smile:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
:welcome: Can't help with any of the technical stuff but you'll get plenty of help and advice here from really knowledgeable people.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back