Free Member
Mar 21, 2011
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Looking for the right one
Exp
None yet
Hi Everyone, my name is Linda and I live with my OH in the Mayenne area of France.

We don't own a Motorhome at the moment but are hoping to by the end of the summer. We are searching for the right van i.e. size, layout etc.

We're going to check out those owned by a couple of visiting friends in the next couple of months and last weekend went to a Caravan and Camping Car Exhibition over here.

Can't make up our minds whether to look for a LHD in the UK and export to France (did that with two cars and four motorbikes over the years) or buy in France. Are second-hand motorhomes cheaper on the continent or in the UK?

A bit of a long-winded intro I'm afraid.::bigsmile:

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Can't make up our minds whether to look for a LHD in the UK and export to France (did that with two cars and four motorbikes over the years)

Welcome to MHF :thumb:

Didn't know you could buy left hand drive motorbike's......:ROFLMAO:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Linda
Welcome to MH Fun :welcome::welcome:

Can't help with the price of vans, but I am sure someone will be along shortly who will be able to help more.

Best of luck in your search

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Hi Linda and welcome to Fun.

Late last year Lynda and I went to a camping car expo at Merville Frankville, and we thought the prices in Euros there were about what you would pay in £ in the UK. Also if its for use in France, and not UK, then buying "local" will give you a compliant unit (plug sockets etc) any way good luck with your search:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back