Hi Everyone (1 Viewer)

Jun 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Not applicable
We are, in order of importance, Harvey (our Cocker Spaniel), Jacqui and Alan, recently retired, complete newbies at this and are excited to be taking delivery of our new Burstner motorhome next week.

We would love to know your recommendations for sites with good and varied walks (from site) with no (or little) road walking if possible? - thank you.

Jon B

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Darkest Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 540
Exp
Since 2015
Hello & Welcome (y)...... you don't say where in the country you are, but if you are ever in Hampshire one of our favourites is always on the link below:

C&MHC site New Forest

Great site for walks etc......beaches at Southbourne only 15 minute drive away..... Enjoy the new motorhome :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Amy Poehler Hello GIF by Team Coco

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Hello and welcome 👍🏻.
Give us a rough idea if your location . It’s often a good idea to start with a few local trips to get to know the motorhome 👍🏻

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome!

Give Cirencester Park C&MC site a try - lovely walk into town through Lord Bathurst’s estate; lots of dog-friendly cafes and shops; smashing people too! Not that we’re biased, of course ;) (y)

(We stayed at the site several times with our four dogs, and liked Cirencester so much that we sold up in Cambridgeshire and moved here, living in the ‘van until we found a house we wanted to buy…….)

Jon B

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Darkest Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 540
Exp
Since 2015
Welcome!

Give Cirencester Park C&MC site a try - lovely walk into town through Lord Bathurst’s estate; lots of dog-friendly cafes and shops; smashing people too! Not that we’re biased, of course ;) (y)

(We stayed at the site several times with our four dogs, and liked Cirencester so much that we sold up in Cambridgeshire and moved here, living in the ‘van until we found a house we wanted to buy…….)
Have to admit I like Cirencester too.... also the Cotswold water park just down the road, Wife spends a lot of time swimming at lake 32 when training for her triathlons, I spend a lot of time sitting by the lake drinking coffee :cool:

Mar 12, 2021
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
Ferry meadows at peterborough Bleau walked our legs off mile upon mile of paths to walk on.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Another site to try is the C&CC site at Old Sarum, Salisbury. Great access to Salisbury along side the river Avon (30 mins walk), and to the Old Sarum hill fort. Large field for exercising the dogs adjacent to the site itself (Hudson’s Field)! (y)

OP
OP
AlanF1
Jun 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Not applicable
Hello and welcome 👍🏻.
Give us a rough idea if your location . It’s often a good idea to start with a few local trips to get to know the motorhome 👍🏻
Sorry, I missed the location field when setting up my profile. We are in Bedford but keen to explore far and wide!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back