Hi Everyone (1 Viewer)

Mar 11, 2021
Fougères, France
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
First moho in 2020 after years of caravans, because when in France...!
Hi, my sister found this forum and I'm glad to join in, I lived in Aberdeenshire for many years and had caravans for most of my life through my parents hobby, then my own. I moved to France 3 years ago for family reasons but sadly could not get my old but pristine caravan registered here so it stayed in the UK. Nightmare trip to UK in 2019 had a van run into said caravan while I was stationery at a junction! Uneconomic repair! Having been 'snailshell-less' since then i spent months researching and decided a campervan was more practical here in France. So a few weeks ago found a super Fiat Ducato Adria. It's not huge but grand for me and my rescue dog Oskar. I'm getting my confidence up driving the lhd and so looking forward to seeing more of france as well as being able to meander back to visit my friends in Scotland when covid restrictions allow. I hope the forum will be a good way to meet other wandering souls and not feel quite so isolated. Already I have learned about repairing a weeping pipe joint, blooming frost valves even when there is no frost and the joys of a really neat little pipe cutter! Also to remember to lock shut the drawers before setting off! Looking forward to reading others experiences.
Lyn

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Welcome.
welcome animated smiley3.gif

OP
OP
BrittanyLyn
Mar 11, 2021
Fougères, France
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Thank you for such a lovely welcome everyone. I will hopefully learn how to use and navigate on the site..newbie motorhome, newbie forum poster! 🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! We love Brittany and generally always start our trips with the ferry to Roscoff from Plymouth. There's an outside chance we will be over this September - but I'm resigned to waiting until 2022.

OP
OP
BrittanyLyn
Mar 11, 2021
Fougères, France
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Its all uncertain for sure. I am St.Malo side and so looking forward to meandering around the coast, Brittany is diverse and lovely. Any places you particularly recommend?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Its all uncertain for sure. I am St.Malo side and so looking forward to meandering around the coast, Brittany is diverse and lovely. Any places you particularly recommend?
As you say Brittany has great variety. We tend to visit at the end of a tour somewhere else. If you do a search on here for "Two go", check the box for "Titles only" then put "DBK" in the member bit you should a list of some of our trips and if you go to the end of them you should find an account of a bit of pottering in Brittany. However, Two to France is all in Brittany from memory.

The only snag is I'm not sure if you can do a search until you have paid the subscription.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back