Hi everyone (1 Viewer)

Mar 19, 2020
south of France
Funster No
MH
1991 swift kontiki
Exp
4years
Last year I bought a Swft Kontiki 680/6 here in south of France. over this winter I have been renovating it to a reliable standard. This has been no easy task as just about the whole of the running gear has been changed, including sending the complete rear axle to scotland for overhaul. I am now almost ready for the french version of the MOT , but we are now locked down with the virus so can't get out. So now is the time to sort out the interior. The tragedy is that when it is finished we can't go anywhere to use it with the lockdown. Although this seems to be a lot of work, I am on budget to get it on the road for less than 5K euros including original purchase price, so it will be a good deal............Stay safe everyone

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from West Kent
Due to CV you will have plenty to of time to source cheap parts and you can measure thrice and cut once

OP
OP
ashley 1340
Mar 19, 2020
south of France
Funster No
MH
1991 swift kontiki
Exp
4years
Of it is the AlKo rear tortion bar axle then once you fit it remember annual greasing.

Good luck.
Hi .....yes its an old AlKo axle that had gone soft on one side, so sent it to Fraser Brown Eng in Inverness to be repaired and uprated with all new bearings to their own design and a request to raise the ride height by an inch. Very impressed with the service door to door here in south of France was less than 3 weeks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back