Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Hi everyone on the MHF Club..

My name here is Craig and i am married to wife Vikki for 12 years and together for 15 (Shocking people do less for murder) We have two children Jacob @ 6 and Lewis @ 3yrs old. We are originally Caravan and Tent people. I am a fully qualified Caravan engineer and hope i might be able to help here in some ways.. Now for the Motorhome details - It was my mums wishes for me to purchase a motorhome just before she passed away on 20th September so to keep with her wishes we went to the NEC the other week to look about, I had a good idea i would be probably be putting a deposit down but went with a open mind but was looking for fixed bed at the rear. Anyway after 4hrs of walking and talking we strolled back the the Roller Team section and sat with a lovely chap who never pushed us in anyway. We sat with him for about 45mins and he said to us "Come look at one we have with bunk beds" i was so feed up at looking i just didn't feel like it was going to be worth looking at..

HOW WRONG WAS I?

It was like my mum was with us and pushed us to this Motorhome and after sitting there for 20mins the wife said "This is the one i feel it" and the kids WOW Jacob and lewis both said "We want this one with bunks we love it" i sat there and felt funny and just looked at the salesman and said "Sort me a deal" after tea,orange and sweets for kids we struck the deal a brand new RollerTeam Auto-Roller 700 for a show grabbing price of £35.500, and then i added Cobra Cat 1 alarm, 4m Fiamma roll out canopy, Reversing Camera with screen, and a fixed Aerial.

For a grand total of £37.563 which i feel is a pretty good deal...

All that i need to do now is sell my mums house and pay this baby off.. We held the show deal with a deposit and are just all fingers crossed on the sale of my mums home for her dream for us to start...

I am also shocked at the £348 a year FC insurance,

Anyway we will be out in it every two weeks at weekends and on holiday when we can, The kids can't wait and nor can me and the wife. Looking forward to meeting other out there on our travels,

So if you people see the us in the motorhome can't miss it with the plate being my user id and "W18BLA" and it will have the words "THANKS MUM" under that.

Anyway thats me sorry for the long post lol..

Craig

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Craig Vikki and family, congrats on your new home. Every time you plan for your next trip it'll be like a new adventure. Happy travels

Larry

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Welcome to the forum, hope you and your family enjoy your travels in your new motorhome.
Sit back have a read plenty of tips on here, even the occasional meet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Welcome to the Funsters,, :thumb:

Nice story, be it a bit sad..

Now do as mum would have liked and enjoy it.. :thumb:

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Forgot to add i can't have this until i have paid for it :( it's sitting at the dealer waiting boohoo.... But we will enjoy it don't you worry people...

Craig

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Craig

WELCOME to MH Fun

I bet you can't wait to take delivery of your new toy.

By the sound of it you should have a great time, just hope you don't have to wait too long.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Hi Craig & Vicky....welcome to the Fun :welcome:

Hopefully the house will soon sell and you can enjoy your Mum's legacy as she wanted you to. With so many on view at NEC it surely must be the one and is meant to be.

regards

Garry

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Craig and Vikki and :welcome:to MHFun.:thumb:
Anyway we will be out in it every two weeks at weekends and on holiday when we can,

I think Jacob and Lewis will be wanting to go out in it a bit more often than that.::bigsmile:
Enjoy.::bigsmile:

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Hi graig and vicky welcome to the m/h fun you wil have great times together with it and the children will love it also good luck with your new toy and the future

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Welcome and have loads of fun in your new acquisition.

Phil

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi and welcome.
What a lovely mum you had, and everytime you go out you will be thinking of the wonderful person who gave you this opportunity. Hope you and the children have the best of times.
Lucille

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Thank you all for the great welcome.. I will keep you up to date on the progress and will up load pictures when i have the newbie...

Craig

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Hi Craig & Vicky Jacob and Lewis

It will be the best thing you have bought and what a experience for the kids :thumb::thumb:

billy

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Well it's me again and it has been too long..

If you have read the start of this topic you will know what we have been waiting for, But right upto date we still have not taken delivery of our Motorhome, But things are looking up as we are about completed on the house sale and are taking a trip down to the dealer tomorrow to sort out our motorhome, They had to sell the one we put the deposit down on but they have been great and held the deposit for us, so we are taking a drive of 2hrs to the dealer in morning to sit and sort the newer model looks like the RollerTeam 707 is the one we are having, So going to get ball rolling and get it spec'd up and fingers crossed next week i can phone them with the go ahead to sort a collection day.

I will keep you posted peeps.

Craig

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
That's a long time between posts Craig::bigsmile:. I'm sure we'll hear more from you once you have her home on the drive. :thumb::thumb: Welcome back::bigsmile:

pegasus

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since Nov 2009
Hi Craig & Vicky Jacob and Lewis,
we hope to see you soon on the roads. :welcomefunster:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hi and Welcome. Now this is spooky. My mum passed away in June 09 and we also bought a Roller Team but a 600 as she would of wanted us to enjoy and not waste the inheritance. We looked at hundreds of motorhomes and dealerships and went eventually to Simpsons at Great Yarmouth. Walked into the Roller Team and said this is the one, it was meant to be. We have enjoyed many a weekend away in it and all thanks to my lovely mum Peggy but call the M/H Peg.

Happy travelling when you get it.

Dale & Family

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to fun, hope all goes well and you soon get your motorhome, sounds as if you picked a good dealer to buy from, good luck with it.:welcomefunster:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Maybe you could call the motorhome after your mums name or even get a little sticker made to put on it with her name on

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Well we have been down to the dealer today and got everything going and them on standby for the call to GO GO GO GO!!!!.

We have gone for the Roller Team 707 - 7 Berth - Fiat 2.3TD 130bhp.

And spec'd up to the hilt as listed below.

Dometic 2200 12v/240 Aircon Climate control
Reversing Camera (With night vision)
Cat 1 Alarm/Imobilizer
Bike Rack
Heki Rooflight
Different seat covering
Status Areial
Tyre Protect
4m Canopy

Also got 1yrs "FREE" Insurance WOOHOO!...

We are so excited all we need is contract exchanged on house and its ours so hopefully 1-2 weeks away. We are having the private plate W18BLA on it with "Thanks Mum/Grandma" in writing under that. and will more than likely have my mums name some where..

Only worring thing is we have not seen it in the flesh so the day i pick it up will be the day i first see it for real. I might not like it lol... I doubt it.

So its sit tight and be paitent...

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
7 Days togo and it is pick up the new Motorhome.. So excited i am like a 10 year old on Christmas eve...

Pictures will follow when i pick it up ::bigsmile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
hehehehhee so you have a few excited sleepless nights left to go before you are grinning like a cheshire cat.
Enjoy it when it arrives

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi and welcome.... Lovely to have you on board. You will find answers to all your questions on here. .... and more besides...:thumb:

parkay3560

Free Member
Jul 18, 2010
Almost Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Big MH funster wave from me to you and your family Craig. You will love it here. comfy chairs. Nice fire and Jim makes a fab cup of cocamocafrappacapaskinnylate coffe. LOL

Have fun and hope to see you around the place.

Bessy regs

Kenny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back