Free Member
Jan 2, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
4 years
I have become a fervent motor homer after meeting my partner Steve. We have 'Nike' a lovely little two berth Elddis Signature, that succeeded 'Penny' a Nuventure camper van, that we tour Europe in for about three months a year on our journeys to and from Corfu. What started out nearly 4 years ago as quite gentle 2 week trip have now turned into regular 5/6 week tours. We love reading about new places and have an ever expanding list of places we want to visit. All the fun is trying to join all these places up into a tour,always out of season, that starts and ends in Corfu. What are your favourite places between base camp in Scotland and Corfu? We are having to rethink our next trip through Austria and Germany, because although we have snow chains we do not have all weather tyres fitted and have read about the fines this can envite.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Can't help you with your questions but someone will be along soon to answer them, I'm sure. It might be worth starting a new thread in the Motorhome Chat section.

Welcome to the Fun! :)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Welcome to the club. Looking forward to some of your pictures from your adventures.
We love Scotland and the Greek islands. Lucky you living where you do , it would be great to start there and end in Greece.

We've never been further than the Outer Hebridese ( Northern ) and the Isle of White ( Sourthern) in our van.
We did the NC500 last year and spent 3 weeks , stopping over at a different destination each day , around the Scottish coast . That's the longest trip , for us , so far. It was fantastic. We saw some lovely places but need to do it again to see even more.
We normally do 10/14 days. So 3 weeks was fab.

How many weeks does it take to get from your base in Scotland , to Corfu ? And how many stops off on the way do you make to site see and make it leisurely?
We can only stretch to 3 weeks at the moment. With work commitments.
I rekon we could do a bit of France in that time , from where we live, smack bang in the middle of Britain .
We've know fellow funsters drive non stop all day, for a few days , stopping only to sleep to get to destinations. But that's not our idea of fun.
We like the sound of leisurely touring haha.
We've got Michelin mud and snow tyres fitted . I'm suprised you don't with living up in Scotland. Are they the same sort of thing as all weather?
We were up in the steep Scottish hills a couple of days ago and they managed thick black ice , slush and compact snow. I know Ralph said he was glad he'd had them fitted as the single track roads had some big drops at the sides !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Fifiwi

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Welcome! I haven't much to offer- our only big trips so far have been 2, 16 night trips to France in 2016. One based mainly in the Loire Valley, and the September one allowed us to discover parts of Brittany. So much to explore, still!

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015