Jul 29, 2009
manchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
June 09
Hi.

Good to be here, heard from a couple of members on the Southport rally about this site so here we are.
I'll try not to ask to many silly questions as we have only had the motorhome a few weeks and yes we are newbies, space runner, and leaky were the names of the members who told us about this site, (cheers).

Looking forward to meeting you folks at a rally or on the road which ever comes first.
We have a fiat ducato carioca 625, after talking with the campers fancy trying some wild camping at some stage so will need to research solar panels or generators? For power, Any thoughts on this subject would be welcome and guide us in the right direction, now that was only one question :winky:.
Take care and keep on smiling.
Gary & Fran.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Smelly & Co and :welcome:to MHFun.:thumb:
Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folk on here, any questions, just ask away someone will know the answer.:winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
space runner, and leaky were the names of the members who told us about this site, (cheers).:winky:.
Gary & Fran.

The b^%$£%ds, they were sworn to secrecy under penalty of death, it's the last you'll see of them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Smelly&co WELCOME
Glad to have you along, hope you are getting on well with the van.:thumb:

Dave

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Gary & Fran, :welcome: to Motorhome Fun :thumb: Nice you have already met some Funsters ::bigsmile: I bet you will not be able to turn on the computer without coming on here :Doh: enjoy. Bob and Jane.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Gary & Fran, If you can afford solar panels they are much better than a genny. If you can't afford solar panels (and you have the payload) you can do a lot worse than getting an extra battery or two :Smile:

Welcome to the Fun:thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Let's get things quite clear here - we haven't even taken delivery of our first motorhome yet. So what do I know? We have just given one of our large and eclectic collection of tents (a Lichfield) to one of the daughters and the 29 yo Avondale Osprey caravan has gone to the other to make room for Nessie. Pete's original Caravan Club membership number had but 6 figures, LOL.

As I see it - having spent much, much time in the items known as tents and trailer tents - also caravanning where no mains flow (literally) - your cooker and fridge work off the gas as well as the leccy/battery. You can boil water by gas. You can stand in a bowl and have a strip wash. If you must shower you can do it outside - either use one of them plastic bag 'solar' showers or take a watering can with a rose; boil kettles etc. If it's wild no-one will see you in the first place anyway unless you will scare the rabbits or if you are not the same config as most people (2 of everything down the outside, 1 of everything up the middle!) - you can always wear a bathing cossie whilst you are abluting.

They have lights that run on AA type batteries, Tilley lamps, or the good ole unleaded petrol Coleman - expensive but brilliant, also heats a whole tent so should do similar with a caravan or motorhome if you are desperate. Yes I know it could be a fire hazard, it has to be in a tent too esp now they are made of nylon you just have to be mega mega careful. (Hot water bottles are still on the market too - boil kettle etc etc)

If the loo doesn't flush without the leccy/battery, bucket-and-chuck-it - or do what the bears do in the woods ......

I don't actually see an immediate problem??????

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
Hello and welcome Smelly & Co, Just out of interest how do we recognise other Funsters when out and about :Cool::Cool:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hello and welcome Smelly & Co, Just out of interest how do we recognise other Funsters when out and about :Cool::Cool:

What do you mean, you don't have one of these.:RollEyes:::bigsmile:

click here Untitled Document

Get two or even three and put them in all your windows, that reminds me, must get one for the car. ::bigsmile: Bob.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

smelly&co

Free Member
Jul 29, 2009
manchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
June 09
Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and the advice you have all sent us.

And I must say some interesting ones, standing naked in a bowl in the fresh air whilst pouring water over my head as a shower sounds great ::bigsmile: not done that since I was around 5 years old.
But it does sound fun, think the wife may do a runner and leave me alone though. :winky: Sounds even better (ouch) only joking honey (ouch).
Have to go now :cry:.
take care and keep smiling. :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Gary & Fran, which one is smelly, hee hee, welcome to the fun. Not sure where you are but how about coming to meet a few more of us at the Shepton Mallet Show,​

Link Removed
7d8bb0f6.gif

Last edited:

nozzmoking

Free Member
Jul 31, 2008
West Berkshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Gary & Fran

Welcome to the forum! :thumb:

A great bunch here, you're in safe hands.

Don't waste time, get out there and get that motorhome, you won't regret it.

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back