Free Member
Apr 5, 2016
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Startrail
Exp
Since 2014
Having been an avid reader of this forum for many months and after meaning to join for ages thought I would. I am Jennie married to Terry and we have had our motorhome for about 18 months. We are retired and have loved our travels so far, although at the moment only France where we have holidayed for many years with our children and then our grandchildren. Now it's more or less just us, ooer that sounds a bit pathetic! We hope to be a bit more adventurous later this year, probably only Spain but got to start somewhere!! There are so many of you that have done amazing journeys. I know if we have any questions this is the place to get answers which might be sooner than you think as we have just returned from two weeks in France and were burgled on the second night! Not a good start to our 'restful' break. Spare keys to van disappeared into the surrounding area of a motorway aire along with my bag, money and jewellery. Hubby now having the usual shenanigans with the insurance. Still, we're still here to tell the tale as could have been worse. Looking forward to shortening our learning curve although this has been sorely tried the past two weeks. ā˜ŗJ. Sorry appear to have rambled on a bit.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: Jennie and Terry, welcome to the fun (y)

If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
P

Pinot noir

Free Member
Apr 5, 2016
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Startrail
Exp
Since 2014
Thank you all for your welcome. Thanks Jim I will have a good read so I can find my way around the forum. Also, loved the Madness video. Everyone needs a little 'madness' in their lives!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Sorry to hear about the break in but ..............
welcome animated smiley.gif

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
downloadfile-2.gif
I guess you wont be stopping on a motorway aire again. Sometimes we do have to learn the hard way.

Lots of valuable information here on the site. Hope the break in experience hasnt put you off and you didnt lose too much. You are probably one of the few who have admitted they were burgled and not gassed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Pinor Noir & Welcome from the Isle of Wight,
sorry to hear of your burglary , hope you get it all sorted soon.
Terry & Ann + ASBO our cocker

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome. Sorry to read you had a breakin on your travels, must have been a shock to the system.

Love the forum name by the way :wine:

:HelloThere: & :pink:

OP
OP
P

Pinot noir

Free Member
Apr 5, 2016
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Startrail
Exp
Since 2014
We've stayed on motorway Aires a few times in the past but usually overnight in a municipal. Unfortunately most seemed to be shut until April 1st ( now I do feel a fool!). Hubby was shattered so we came off at a largish aire on the A8 but motorhomes were send under a bridge to another spot. There was petrol a shop and a Buffalo grill so thought we would be OK. Very quiet though and only one other motor home, a Ford. The Gendarmes said out of the two our one was the easiest to enter (that made us feel better, not!) Anyway he suggested tying the front two doors together with a strap. I've read that idea on here before, if only.......... Still once bitten. It did leave me with sleepless nights for the rest of the hols even on safe (as safe as you can be) sites. Still amazed he got in so quietly I woke and saw him rummaging around only got my bag luckily no phones or passports. Still, had my jewellery, debit card, cash and everything any self respecting female traveller needs which is quite a lot!!! Also van spare keys which are causing a problem with insurance. I will be asking a question on a different forum regarding that later. Anyway, thank you all for your kind comments.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back