Hi everyone, we are off to Berlin on Sunday and have a few questions. (1 Viewer)

JBoy

Free Member
Jul 31, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since March 2013
Hi folks,

Berlin beckons and we have been trying to find out a few things from different guidebooks but one querie in particular does not seem to be mentioned.
Like a lot of motorhomers we travel with our dog (a very docile Greyhound).We can find dog friendly sites, but is the city of Berlin dog friendly?
Are they allowed on public transport such as the trains and buses ? I would willingly pay taxi fares if he could travel in one.
I of course understand that there are many places he would not be allowed, but I am hoping that there would not be a problem just walking him through city streets (I of course clean up after my dog).
Does anyone out there have prior experience of taking their dog to Berlin?

Secondly we have picked out a couple of sites - International Reisemobilstation, Wohnmobil Park both of which have been mentioned on here, but does anyone have others to recommend as close to the city centre as possible with good ratings (7/10 or above)

And finally this Umveltzone ticket - where do we buy it - confusing advice reigns.

Thanks,

John

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
John, lived there when the wall was up, brilliant city then! Follow the linky and just search for dogs on public transport, it's all there! Have a great time. http://www.visitberlin.de/en

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

JBoy

Free Member
Jul 31, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since March 2013
Thanks, the link was very helpful.

OP
OP
J

JBoy

Free Member
Jul 31, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since March 2013
Thanks for replying. We have decided to get one in Germany. As always last minute!
John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nethernut

Free Member
Apr 25, 2011
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
John most decent size car sales showrooms will be able to print one off for you. Enjoy Berlin, about the only city I enjoy going to, mind you we did live there for 2 years in the 70s!!
The only places that you have to watch with a dog is beaches (there are quite a few on the lakes formed by the Havel etc), they have special dog beaches.
No problems travelling with a dog - Germany is very dog friendly.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi don't know if your booked on a site or not, we visited Berlin last September and stayed here . its virtually in the city center. You can't book in advance so arrive early and you should get space, its right next to the underground and only 20 min walk to the city center.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back