HI Everyone Im from Swansea do any members have one of these campervans.would like to compare notes (1 Viewer)

ROY DOBRO

Free Member
Sep 8, 2014
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
HI I have a Tasman model 4500 cooker,i bought the Doblo without a gas cyclinder ,i was told a Camping Gaz 907 would be needed,and this fits in the locker compartment,any larger cylinder would not fit.i had to use a new regulator to convert to Camping gaz,problem is the cooker will light on just 1 ring and once the control on the cooker is released out goes the flame.any ideas,any help much appreciated.Thanks

Attachments

• $_79 FIAT DODLO.jpg
    $_79 FIAT DODLO.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 43

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You would be safer finding a gas engineer who can service it but the cost of any repairs needed might be more than a new one. :unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
is it a tilley talisman ?
some never used a reg and ran straight off bottle pressure .
i have one , in fact my mate is borrowing it for his landrover discovery camper . but no reg required .

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Most hobs need to heat a thermo couple up to keep the gas flowing. So light it and hold in for a few seconds till it warms up then release. You could try that?

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I've got a Tasman 2500 in my Doblo, the hobs stay lit almost immediately but the grill takes several seconds. Campingaz 907 bottle with a wall-mounted regulator in the gas locker.

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Hi Roy from another Swansea jack, if it helps I know of a good gas engineer, plumber that's handy with motor homes who's local.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Last edited:

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Welcome,

Alan + Diane,

OP
OP
R

ROY DOBRO

Free Member
Sep 8, 2014
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
HI ALAN&DIANE Great weather think we be off in Doblo maybe 2morrow or Thursday.where you from many greetings Roy & Silvia

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Roy - just replying here to the message you posted on my profile page, because it might be useful to others more knowledgable than myself.

If one hobs doesn't keep lit after several minutes of holding the knob in, and one doesn't light at all then clearly something is not right. As already posted, it could be the thermocouple.

(As for your query on tyre pressure - I've stuck with the Fiat handbook's recommendation for the heavily laden MPV version, which is what mine is based on. For the stock Pirellis that's 2.3 bar front, 2.7 rear when cold (33/39 psi). For other brands you should probably get the van weighed and then contact the tyre manufacturer.)

OP
OP
R

ROY DOBRO

Free Member
Sep 8, 2014
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
HI NEAL Thanks for reply

OP
OP
R

ROY DOBRO

Free Member
Sep 8, 2014
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
HI NEAL I recon you right about the Thermal Coupling checked the gas this morning once knob pressed in you can hear the gas getting to one of the rings but other one no same with grill.i had same sort of problem with household gas fire some years ago,easy to change but better not attempt myself.Doblo i got was converted by Danbury i bought it of Rosie Swale Pope MBE she mostly lived in Tenby as raised thousands of pounds for cancer charities.the Doblo is a 1.4 petrol think its under powered still get it in right gears and its ok,do you have these spring asisters on your'e Doblo i have read about them.Thanks Roy

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Mine came with spring assistors already fitted by Fiat - at first I thought they were bump-stops but then I realised they were always just in contact with the leaf-springs and checked with the local Fiat dealer, who confirmed they were factory-fitted assistors.

OP
OP
R

ROY DOBRO

Free Member
Sep 8, 2014
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
HI NEAL i shall have another look .i have got one ring working and it dont go out when i release the control knob.as for the other ring and grill nothing maybe they are blocked a trip to a dealer is needed.Thanks ROY

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back