Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and Motorhoming. (1 Viewer)

TomTom2

Free Member
Nov 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 135
Exp
I am a newbie
Hi, myself and wife with two dogs are planning a round trip to France next April (2020) for 6 weeks. We just purchased a 2015 Elddis 135 Accordo 2/3 berth Motorhome. This is our first motorhome and have been having day outs to get used to it before venturing abroad. We plan to arrive at Cherbourg from Ireland by ferry and then make our way down south along west coast, avoiding motorways and staying over night in ( safe) Aires on route to Royan, Charante Maritime then on to Sarlat and then eventually ending up in Pezenas in the Languedoc. I would like to ask if anyone else has done this trip or part of it and can advise on towns to visit and safe/dog friendly overnight Aires on route. Any "must see" towns /places etc. Any suggested routes - I am open to suggestions ? All advice welcome! Thank you in advance.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Downsizing1_800x533.jpg

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi and Welcome. You are spoilt for choice for aires in the region and April/May will be quiet. There is no right or wrong route to take. France always seems to have twice the roads with half the traffic, so you'll find getting about is a breeze. Between now and then you'll find loads of ideas here. Use our bookmark system and you'll not be stuck for ideas. (y)

OP
OP
TomTom2

TomTom2

Free Member
Nov 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 135
Exp
I am a newbie
:welcome4:
Sounds like a great trip you have planned.
Hi and thank you. We are getting excited the more we plan it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TomTom2

TomTom2

Free Member
Nov 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 135
Exp
I am a newbie
Hi and Welcome. You are spoilt for choice for aires in the region and April/May will be quiet. There is no right or wrong route to take. France always seems to have twice the roads with half the traffic, so you'll find getting about is a breeze. Between now and then you'll find loads of ideas here. Use our bookmark system and you'll not be stuck for ideas. (y)
Hi and thank you for advice. We can't wait for April!!!

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. ?

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements