Hi everyone, Chrissy & I live in the south of France and have a Swift KonTiki 6 berth motorhome (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
:hiya:
From a damp and slightly chilly field near Bristol. However, who cares when it’s a MHF rally.
Now, where can we organise one next? Someone in a warm and sunny place who happens to have a nice big field??:giggle:

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
We've spent the last winter renovating our camper, and are now ready to start using it. Sadly the Covid bug has put the brakes on that. In the future when safety and normality returns it would be great to meet any members who are in or near Carcassonne.
Congratulations on getting the KonTiki ready for the road, and welcome to the forum. Sue and I are currently in Lons-le-Saunier, be in Saint Antoine l’Abbaye Monday and Tuesday but hoping to be in Carcassonne on Wednesday.

What’s the tourist situation like, is it very busy? Hoping to stay on the City camp site for a couple of days.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
:welco:
OldAgeTravellers are you in a friendly mood Steve?
As you know Lenny HB we are a couple of miserable old hermits living up in our mountain Not far from Carcassonne. At the moment I have my son here digging two foot deep trenches in 40deg heat.
Yes ashley 1340 we could meet up sometime when the world is a little nearer normal, we are near Siran.
Steve

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
He can visit us on the way home, landscapers we have had in have been driving us nuts.
His day job is the CEO of a speech recognition company so I don't think he would be too interested Lenny. He just didn't like to see me doing it. Unfortunately he came off his bike yesterday and I spent four hours outside Narbonne Hospital waiting for him, now he has to keep his leg raised for ten days so I will be back to doing the digging myself!! :censored: :cry:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
His day job is the CEO of a speech recognition company so I don't think he would be too interested Lenny. He just didn't like to see me doing it. Unfortunately he came off his bike yesterday and I spent four hours outside Narbonne Hospital waiting for him, now he has to keep his leg raised for ten days so I will be back to doing the digging myself!! :censored: :cry:
Oh dear, I take it he is OK apart from bruises, grazes & sprains. Bad planning on your part Steve you should have let him go for a bike ride until he had finished.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Oh dear, I take it he is OK apart from bruises, grazes & sprains. Bad planning on your part Steve you should have let him go for a bike ride until he had finished.
Yes he is ok apart from a seriously messed up knee. But is now just sitting there saying; can I have another beer please!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ashley 1340
Mar 19, 2020
south of France
Funster No
MH
1991 swift kontiki
Exp
4years
:hiya:
From a damp and slightly chilly field near Bristol. However, who cares when it’s a MHF rally.
Now, where can we organise one next? Someone in a warm and sunny place who happens to have a nice big field??:giggle:
Sounds like I fit the bill, mid 30's here for the last 8 weeks.....in fact my pool is at 31 C. When this awful bug is under control, would like to meet other kindred spirits

OP
OP
ashley 1340
Mar 19, 2020
south of France
Funster No
MH
1991 swift kontiki
Exp
4years
Congratulations on getting the KonTiki ready for the road, and welcome to the forum. Sue and I are currently in Lons-le-Saunier, be in Saint Antoine l’Abbaye Monday and Tuesday but hoping to be in Carcassonne on Wednesday.

What’s the tourist situation like, is it very busy? Hoping to stay on the City camp site for a couple of days.
To be honest I try to stay away from the tourist spots during the summer, but the covid bug has reduced the foreigners from traveling, but the french are still about in large numbers

OP
OP
ashley 1340
Mar 19, 2020
south of France
Funster No
MH
1991 swift kontiki
Exp
4years
As you know Lenny HB we are a couple of miserable old hermits living up in our mountain Not far from Carcassonne. At the moment I have my son here digging two foot deep trenches in 40deg heat.
Yes ashley 1340 we could meet up sometime when the world is a little nearer normal, we are near Siran.
Steve
We are near Fanjeaux and agree that the bug has to be under control before I venture too far from home.....but would be nice to meet up when the new normality begins

OP
OP
ashley 1340
Mar 19, 2020
south of France
Funster No
MH
1991 swift kontiki
Exp
4years
as you will have guessed all is said in jest but I had to say something as you live in one of our favourite places - how wonderful !
Members are always welcome to park here for the night, there is so much local history around us , I can point you in the right direction to see the best bits

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
:HelloThere: We were in Carcassonne a few weeks ago. One of our favourite places. Doing the touristy bit of la cite and lunch at la table ronde. Also visited Chateau etang de columiere up the road to fill up with swmbos favourite dry white.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back