Hi everyone and I am really pleased to be joining this forum. (1 Viewer)

jolly

Free Member
Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
I was reading a thread from Treecol about scams and yes there are some on Ebay. We rang about a motorhome (Dethleffs) last week and the lady said that it was in storage until Saturday and that a dealer was coming at 12 to put a deposit on it. After trawling the Internet I found a dealer that had sold the same one last year for £40,000. I somehow think they were connected. The lady even gave me an address in Great Yarmouth on where to come and see it.
Anyway we are going to look at a 2004 Hymer b544 much more closer to home tomorrow night. Price £29,000, 70,000 miles on the clock. We have never owned a motorhome but have wanted one for years but have never been in a position to get the full use out of it. We will obviously look at a few as all the layouts are different. I was just wondering what sort of questions should I ask the owner? Many thanks

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
w2f
29k for a 2004 B544 is top dollar so it'll need to be pristine condition.
But they are great vans, I love mine.
Have you read the motorhome buyers guide in resources section ? Lots of useful info there but you need to be a full member to access it. But it'll be the best investment you can make in your motorhome.
If there is a link to the advert for the one you're looking at, post it on here and you'll get lots of useful observations

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Valentines Day Love GIF by BREAD TREE

OP
OP
jolly

jolly

Free Member
Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
Thank you all for your warm welcomes.

OP
OP
jolly

jolly

Free Member
Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
w2f
29k for a 2004 B544 is top dollar so it'll need to be pristine condition.
But they are great vans, I love mine.
Have you read the motorhome buyers guide in resources section ? Lots of useful info there but you need to be a full member to access it. But it'll be the best investment you can make in your motorhome.
If there is a link to the advert for the one you're looking at, post it on here and you'll get lots of useful observations
It was advertised on Facebook market place in Leyburn if that helps. The chap said it is in pristine condition. I am not sure how to copy and paste but will try.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I think this is the one ?
Looks good, just top price.
It's a facelift version, has a more up to date bathroom than mine.
Check to see if the cambelt has been changed. Without evidence of when it was last done, you'd need to assume it's not been changed so factor that in.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
If I were you I'd try and get the registration number before you go to look so you can see the mot record. It tells you a lot about how it's been maintained, eg if advisories have been attended to or if they reappear year after year.
Check for damp, musty smells in cupboards, but not usually a problem for Hymers. It's on an Al-Ko chassis which is galvanized, but check for rust on sills behind front wheels and the cross member low down behind front bumper and under radiator. They are prone to rusting but can be changed quite easily. The sumps also rust but again can be replaced easily.
It has same great layout as mine with twin sofas so lots of lounging space.
Let us know how you go on.
It looks a good one and I guess the price just reflects the current market, but get your negotiating head on and do the deal 👍

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. 👍

Wyn

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Ciren! (y)

(Any luck with the reg.?:unsure:)

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi and welcome 😄, as you have no doubt seen, the prices have risen dramatically, but if you are in the position to get the one you like 👍but as others have said a little research 1st, could save you a lot of pennies and huge disappointment, good luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back