Free Member
Apr 8, 2014
england
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
Just to say hello and introduce myself as a newbie. We have just bought a sundance 624fb last weekend and cannot wait to collect it. Was wondering if there is a sat nav dedicated to motorhome and if so, the best one? thanks:Smile:

Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
Welcome to the fun. :welcomefunster:

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi & welcome to the fun.
We have a Snooper sat Nav which was fitted to the motorhome when purchased. Only tried it twice so far on fairly short runs. But am very happy with it.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just to say hello and introduce myself as a newbie. We have just bought a sundance 624fb last weekend and cannot wait to collect it. Was wondering if there is a sat nav dedicated to motorhome and if so, the best one? thanks:Smile:

Welcome. Yes there's the caravan club version of the Snooper, pricey. I have one because I'm on my own so can't map read at the same time and this tends to stop me going places I shouldn't. :Cool:

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hello there! Welcome. Looked up your 'van - looks great.

On the subject of SatNav's, you can either buy the expensive one advertised by clubs OR get one of the cheaper models (like Navman) and subscribe to a 'Truckers' add-on (which allows you to enter the dimensions of your vehicle) OR, do like I do and use a bog standard SatNav and 'read the road' for height, weight, width and other restrictions on your route.

Best of luck with your travels.
Welcome aboard,
James

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012

There are motorhome specific sat navs, but there are more truck specific sat navs. The motorhome ones have a few extra POI files for campsites, but the truck ones still have many of the length/width/height/weight restrictions that you actually need and you can normally still download freely available POI files for aires and campsites anyway.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello.

We have a Caravan Club Snooper, think it's brilliant

Enjoy your MH when you get it :thumb:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
welcome to the mad house.as for sat navs.how deep is your pocket.there are so many.have a look on e/bay.but if you buy a Chinese one.ask on here for the English down load.happy camping. come to one the shows.and ask fellow funsters.:thumb:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Welcome to Fun. We have the Snooper S2000 - it's brilliant. It has all the Caravan/Camping and Caravan club sites, CLs, and POIs for the UK, plus ACSI and Bord Atlas sites for Europe. Not cheap, but we think it's worth it. :thumb:

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
There seems to be 3 dedicated camper versions available, from Snooper, Garmin and Tomtom. The first two are 7 inches in screen size and Tomtom are 6 inches.

I decided to go with the Garmin because the csv format for POIs was easy to manipulate. Also it has pretty good voice recognition so less fumbling with buttons. POIs are all over the net and easy to download. I've found them all, from CC stuff to Aires to campsites to freecamping. Also McDonalds, Burger King, Subway and KFC so as not to miss essential fine dining experiences. To display icons at a destination is a problem until you get there, unless I'm missing a trick. Microsoft Autoroute handles that for me.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We have a Becker truck sat nav and are very pleased with it. We've just done a 4,000 klms trip to Greece travelling through Montenegro and Albania and the sat nav performed brilliantly. We really like the ability to put height, length and width into it, especially in 'less travelled' countries.

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
Snooper Sat Nav

Hi Guys
We went for a Snooper several years ago and are very happy with its performance. Bit pricey tho'

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i am a firm tomtom fan for satnav but have recently seen one of the 7inch chinese truck ones at £50 and was very impressed. thinking of buying one and leaving the tomtom in the car

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi and welcome to the Fun site! :welcomefunster:

Join us or log in to post a reply.