Hi every one. (1 Viewer)

Jan 25, 2019
Funster No
Hi,
Our names are Susan and Jon Tarff. We have been Caravanning for over 10 years, but decided to convert to a Motorhome as we want to go further afield and explore more of the Continent. We will be picking up our new Motorhome at the end of April, which we are both excited about. I found your site while looking for advice of which gas bottle system I should install. As we will be travelling a lot in Europe, I am looking at installing the Gaslow system to be able to refill on the go and was looking for some advice on the Pro’s and Con’s of the system. Please feel free to give me your experiences on this matter and any other advice you may think will help us in our new adventure.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
If you put gas low in the search box there will be a link to a recent comprehensive post on this subject - and welcome.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
98636c6ee64925a19858f8a491d300d2.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Welcome. We fitted Gaslow a few years ago as we like to tour Europe for months at a time. It works very well and you can fill up at many gaages everywhere.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
gaslow is just one manufacturer just like hoover is synonymous to vacuum cleaners. because it is "the name" people often specify it without examining the options. Gas-it is just as good but a lot cheaper. Then there is alu-gas with lighter aluminium cylinders at a premium price. All have to comply to the same standards and the various pipes and fittings are generally inter-changeable

how much do you want to pay? and is brand name important to you?

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Hello from Bedfordshire.
We have had Gaslow fitted and also fitted it myself in 3 vans.
Frankly, if you are contemplating touring Europe it is a no brainer not having a refillable gas system. Every country uses different bottles which cannot be exchanged between one another, bottles are heavy, bottles can easily bash the side of your van while struggling to replace them, bottles are much more expensive than gas alone.
As people change vans, second-hand bottles are often available and much cheaper.
They are a doddle to fit, although when I fitted mine I got a leak which was easy to fix.
I am trying hard to think of something negative to say. They can be a bit expensive to buy at first but after several years I think I am now winning.

OP
OP
Jon Tarff
Jan 25, 2019
Funster No
Thanks the Big1 and everyone else with advice a welcome messages. I’m going to go with Gaslow as my dealer will fit them at the same time they fit the AC, Sat System. I’m also getting an alarm fitted to the van, and was thinking about security, as I’ve beem in the security industry for may years, and can’t get away with being somewhere strange in a box, not know what’s happening outside around me. Does anyone recommend a cctv system that will help.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Welcome! You have used your 5 free posts, so if you want to ask anymore questions/post anything else, you will have to subscribe! Best £15 you will spend on your Motorhome!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back