Hi... Esther, Dan and the dogs! Travelling since 2014 .... "H2P5" (Humans 2 Pups5) (1 Viewer)

Esther_99

Free Member
Dec 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome64
Exp
Since 2014
Hello All,

Thank you for the welcome Jim. I've been travelling in a motorhome since 2014 and only recently has someone passed on news of your site. Glad to have found it. My partner almost died from a post-operative infection and we were told to say our goodbyes just at the time when we were meant to be saying our wedding vows! But he got better! And it kickstarted some much needed life changes. We set off to tour Europe for a year .... now it's almost 6 years on..... In early 2017 we were joined by Leela, a Spanish stray. Little dog in a motorhome - 'no problem'. That is until she gave birth on us 2 weeks later! For one reason or another 4 of her pups stayed and for 2 and a half years we've had a rollercoaster of adventures together. It's hard work with 5 yet at times it's just so much fun and laughter. Obviously we attract a little attention when we rock up at motorhome aires. We normally take the dogs out in small groups, so we get people doing double takes before realising yes it is in fact 5 different dogs! I do sometimes wish I'd started asking a 1p donation for every photo taken.....

So that's our story. Lots of pics and a bio of the dogs on our blog: www.estheranddan.com

I asked the forum moderator's permission to also say that my partner has just self-published some books - 2 about hiking adventures when we took a break from the motorhome and 2 poetry books - one about the dogs! I'm biased of course but I think they are fantastic. As a scientist by profession, Dan's really found his true creative side since being on the road. I'm not the only one, the other reviews confirm it. He's worked very hard on his latest one and I was really hoping to give him some encouragement by asking people to take a look and see what they think. As I said a motorhome friend suggested I say hello on this forum ... so I'd really appreciate any help and any feedback....

Latest book: Just Around The Matterhorn
Amazon product ASIN B082FMF5F2
My personal favourite - the story of the dogs in poems with also great pics of the pups as they grew:
Love Fluff and Chasing Butterflies:
Amazon product ASIN B07RZGZLQV
The other two books are linked from Amazon or on our blog.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for taking the time.
Esther

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your adventures, they look amazing.
I just had a quick squint at you blog and have bookmarked it to have a more in-depth read tomorrow.
Looks really informative (y)

:welcome4:

I think we need pics of the pups though

Last edited:

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
:xsmile::hi2::welcomesign::xsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Welcome,

Just bought downloaded and read
Love, fluff and chasing butterflies. What a great read. Loved it, what a great family of furry friends you have.
Awesome xx

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Yay! Esther & Dan - you took our advice! Welcome to Fun - probably the best Motorhome Group in the World! ? Xx

Alb, Elaine & Oscar dog

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
In a bit of a rush today so have dipped in to your blog and just looked at the doggies section - what a lovely family. :love:

animated welcome group purple.gif

and to the doggies

animated hi-puppy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Esther_99
Welcome to the fun.
I had a look at the books and ordered both on Kindle, I just know the poems about the dogs will make me cry!

OP
OP
Esther_99

Esther_99

Free Member
Dec 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome64
Exp
Since 2014
Thank you everyone for all the welcomes and love.

Thank you also to those that have downloaded one or both of the books. It means so much to receive the kind words of encouragement, so please do continue to let me know. Or if you have a few moments, it would mean a great deal to Dan/us if you could take just a minute or two to review it on Amazon - even just a one line sentence. It really helps so much for self-published books.
For me the poems are great and have such wonderful messages in them. Others may be more likely to give the book a try if there are several reviews/recommendations.

Thank you again so much for all the welcome. I love motorhome life. It's so wonderful. The opportunities but also the people we meet and the feeling of community.

Esther
www.estheranddan.com

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello Esther.

We met earlier this year in JalĆ³n, Colin and Sandra and the grumpy border terrier Izzy. You reccommend the secret valley as a beautiful but tough bike ride.

I hope you and your tribe have been keeping well?

OP
OP
Esther_99

Esther_99

Free Member
Dec 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome64
Exp
Since 2014
Hi all, thanks for all the love and welcome. Just wanted to post an update to say Dan's written a new book about our adventures. The best travel tales from 6 years living on the road....

Would really appreciate it if you checked it out... I'm.biased but it's his best book yet... Any feedback really welcome. Thanks everyone on this forum for your encouragement and advice. For its this support that helps keep two youngesters living their dreams!

Dave A A

Free Member
Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Navajo
Exp
Since 2018
Found your blog today, oddly same day as registered on this site. Just been reading your blog whilst in North Devon and it's Chucking it down ! Top blog... Can't wait to get to Europe and beyong.

OP
OP
Esther_99

Esther_99

Free Member
Dec 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome64
Exp
Since 2014
Thank you for the encouraging words... It means a lot to have people let us know they enjoy what we share. Enjoy north Devon ... šŸ¤—

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back