Hi and a Question...or 2 :) (1 Viewer)

madhouse_keyholder

Free Member
Mar 5, 2010
Funster No
Hi to all - we're not new to motorhoming but may be about to become new owners!!!!

We made the mistake of calling at a dealer on the way back home from a day trip and fell in love with a brand new (delivery mileage) Autotrail Arapaho for £55k.

However....I have some questions for any MH experts out there.

We've hired before so we know the layout of the Arapaho will work for us, BUT will the length of this beast be prohibitive on sites both UK and abroad? It comes in at 8.74m Long x 2.31m wide x 3.07m high.

And the only other question is.....is there something wrong with it for the price does anyone know. The dealer told me he needed to move it on quickly, but I'm wondering if all the doors will drop off on first loading or something....it seems too good a deal to be true?

TIA

Vicky

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi to all - we're not new to motorhoming but may be about to become new owners!!!!

We made the mistake of calling at a dealer on the way back home from a day trip and fell in love with a brand new (delivery mileage) Autotrail Arapaho for £55k.

We've hired before so we know the layout of the Arapaho will work for us, BUT will the length of this beast be prohibitive on sites both UK and abroad? It comes in at 8.74m Long x 2.31m wide x 3.07m high.

And the only other question is.....is there something wrong with it for the price does anyone know. The dealer told me he needed to move it on quickly, but I'm wondering if all the doors will drop off on first loading or something....it seems too good a deal to be true?

TIA

Vicky

Hi Vicky 8.74 is about 29 ft, shouldn't be a problem. Ours is 32 ft , 9.6m x 2.5 w x 3.6 h the only difficulty are with a few sites that have restricted access and limit length to 28ft. Otherwise we go everywhere. If a fire engine or an ambulance can we can.
Sorry can't help on price good luck, Larry :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi and welcome to the Fun site
The size believe it or not is just about average these days so no worries at all there
It may be a bargain as although new, is it a year or two old model if so then maybe thats why he feels the need to shift it
I would however be concerned if it has been registered and rejected by someone else, If your the first then fair enough
there are good and bad in all makes and models all you can do is go over it with a fine tooth combe and then cross all your digits and hope you picked the right Motor Home and more importantly the right dealer
Good luck
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992

TIA

Vicky

Hi, Vicky, is it a last year model? if so that is probably why it's a bit cheaper than normal.
Cheers, Dave:thumb: Welcome to the fun, btw.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
We bought ours new last July, £5k off price because it was last years model so they wanted a quick sale. Nothing dropped off ours so you'll be ok.

Happy travelling

Dale & family

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi Vivky & welcome to the forum ::bigsmile:
flyingwelcome

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi the Arapaho is a great motorhome, its rare that you will not fit on a pitch, we travelled all over UK France and Spain in ours, never had a problem. Enjoy:thumb:

Does it have finance on it?
Price sounds about right. Even though it is a dealer, due your due diligence.
I read somewhere that 24 out of every 100 vehicles checked by HPI are subject to outstanding finance! This represents a massive risk. You might buy in good faith but if the vehicle is owned by a finance company then you will never own it no matter how much you paid. A HPI check will tell you if there is any outstanding finance on the vehicle. It is not just private sellers that might sell a vehicle that is still financed. Traders have been known to ‘forget’ to pay of outstanding finance when they buy in!

Has it been nicked?
Buying a stolen motorhome will result in you losing both the motorhome and the money you paid for it. Your AutoTrail will have a unique Motorhome Identification Number (MIN) and a 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) A HPI check should let you know that it is stolen. If you are buying from a dealer, ask to see the HPI check. If you are buying privately you can get your own check done at www.hpicheck.com it will only cost about £20.

TIA

Vicky

kennygd

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
:Smile:HELLO VICKY, I TOO HAVE JUST BOUGHT AN ARAPAHO 3 YEARS OLD FROM A DEALER FOR £40,000 WHICH i THOUGHT WAS A GOOD BUY, PICKING IT UP IN A WEEK, REMEMBER THIS IS A QUIET TIME OF YEARS FOR DEALERS SO THEY WILL SHIFT SOME VANS AT A LOW PRICE, THE PRICE YOU HAVE PAID SOUNDS GOOD TO ME BUT DO AS I DID AND GO ON LINE AND GIVE IT A CHECK £3.95 WILL CHECK THE VEHICLE FOR ANYTHING OUTSTANDING FINANCE WISE AND ANY OTHER PROBLEMS, JUST ABOUT ALL SITES WILL ACCEPT OUR SICE BUT WHEN BOOKING IT WOULD BE WISE TO MENTION IT IS 29FT.
KEN:thumb:

OP
OP
M

madhouse_keyholder

Free Member
Mar 5, 2010
Funster No
Hi and thanks for all your replies.

The vehicle is unregistered as yet so no previous owners....but, are the dealers likely to have finance on it? The dealer is Discover Leisure....anyone had any dealings?

Thanks again for the welcome. :thumb:

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Hi Vicky I would email Johns Cross a dealer member here. Never meet him, never bought anything from him, but I am sure you will get an honest answer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back