Hi all (1 Viewer)

firefox60

Free Member
Jun 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
just looking
Hi thanks for adding me I am looking for a MH around 15k which would be the best one to get I have an opened mind but not really into the small one 4 berth and up. I know it’s not a big budget but it’s all that I have got at the moment do you think it’s worth getting one now or wait till holidays abroad start back up and the prices come back down.

all the best
Andrew

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Sounds like you'll need to aim for an older van, but often an older van can be a crafty choice as damp issues are usually (not always) sorted out along with mechanical problems.
Just look very carefully & buy yourself a decent damp meter, it will pay dividends.
:hi2: w2f

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Hi thanks for adding me I am looking for a MH around 15k which would be the best one to get I have an opened mind but not really into the small one 4 berth and up.
Your budget could be fine although prices have been rocketing since Covid.
Eight years ago I paid £13k for my 1995 Compass Navigator on a VW T4 base vehicle. I bought it on a whim having dropped in to a dealer just to pick up some caravan bits for my neighbour!
I only tour in Europe and apart from consumables and a couple of DIY repairs to the habitation equipment it has been faultless. I have not had any reason to change it and it's definitely not for sale ;)
6m long.
One previous owner.
88k miles.
One large double, one 6' 6" single and a single low headroom overcab bed.
4 belted seats.
Loo, shower, fridge, cooker with 4 hobs, grill and oven, gas and elec water and room heating...............

RH side.jpg

Overcab double.jpg

Looking to rear.jpg

Last edited:

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Ciren! (y)

Not too sure that prices will drop anytime soon…….but how many ‘vans have you looked at, and which ones……?:unsure:

OP
OP
F

firefox60

Free Member
Jun 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
just looking
Welcome from Ciren! (y)

Not too sure that prices will drop anytime soon…….but how many ‘vans have you looked at, and which ones……?:unsure:
Planty but most had issues such as rust or problems with the gearbox’s crunching into second and fourth not bee taken care off. Damp and they sprayed air freshener to cover the smell and so on

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

OP
OP
F

firefox60

Free Member
Jun 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
just looking
Sounds like you'll need to aim for an older van, but often an older van can be a crafty choice as damp issues are usually (not always) sorted out along with mechanical problems.
Just look very carefully & buy yourself a decent damp meter, it will pay dividends.
:hi2: w2f
I have a damp meter so will be using it when I view

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back