Free Member
May 10, 2019
Cumbria, UK.
Funster No
MH
Movano
Exp
Since 2017
Don't know why I haven't signed up to this forum before! Just stumbled across the site whilst doing some online solution-searching. Thought I'd sign up and say hi since I'm now a bit van mad.

My wife and I bought an already-amateur-converted Vauxhall Movano (like a Renault Master) in 2017, heavy on the mileage but pretty easy on the wallet. I couldn't drive at the time, and my wife was pregnant, but we were determined! We nearly sold it on at one point. Since then, we've done some re-converting to tailor it a bit better to ourselves and tidy things up. This is an ongoing project (on my lunch breaks!) so may be looking on here for advice, and happy to help self-builders/diyers where I can. I now have experience of water / heating / electrical systems, woodworking etc. and I work in insurance so hopefully should be able to share some knowledge. I'll be scouring the Self-Build thread.

Would love to buy a blank canvas and design and build inside myself, but hoping current van will last a good few years yet!

Daniel.

Talitha

Free Member
May 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Don't know why I haven't signed up to this forum before! Just stumbled across the site whilst doing some online solution-searching. Thought I'd sign up and say hi since I'm now a bit van mad.

My wife and I bought an already-amateur-converted Vauxhall Movano (like a Renault Master) in 2017, heavy on the mileage but pretty easy on the wallet. I couldn't drive at the time, and my wife was pregnant, but we were determined! We nearly sold it on at one point. Since then, we've done some re-converting to tailor it a bit better to ourselves and tidy things up. This is an ongoing project (on my lunch breaks!) so may be looking on here for advice, and happy to help self-builders/diyers where I can. I now have experience of water / heating / electrical systems, woodworking etc. and I work in insurance so hopefully should be able to share some knowledge. I'll be scouring the Self-Build thread.

Would love to buy a blank canvas and design and build inside myself, but hoping current van will last a good few years yet!

Daniel.
Hello Daniel, and everyone else. I'm new too. I haven't figured out how to post a new message so I hope Daniel doesn't mind that I'm using his message. We live in Oxfordshire, and we've just bought a Tribute V Line. I found this forum by chance, and have already benefited from all the great info on it. Looking forward to chatting now and again. :)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Daniel

Welcome to Fun,

@Talitha if you want to start your own thread go to the bar at the top of the page and click "forums" then pick a category "introduce yourself" for example then you will see "post new thread" click on that and away you go(y) welcome as well.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

DSCB

Free Member
May 10, 2019
Cumbria, UK.
Funster No
MH
Movano
Exp
Since 2017
Hello Daniel, and everyone else. I'm new too. I haven't figured out how to post a new message so I hope Daniel doesn't mind that I'm using his message. We live in Oxfordshire, and we've just bought a Tribute V Line. I found this forum by chance, and have already benefited from all the great info on it. Looking forward to chatting now and again. :)

I don't mind at all, and hello from Cumbria! :)

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
sgreeting_welcome_sign_general_100-109.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.