Free Member
Aug 8, 2015
dorset
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 700 LEG
Exp
I'm a newbie!
This is how bad I am....I can't remember if I've already said hello? But, in order to post a new thread in the 'beginners' section I wanted to make sure I followed protocol and said a big hello from Poole....HELLO!
Totally new to MH'ing, but some good bad & ugly experiences as a tugger some years ago! Since getting our staffy pup Billy, we've decided to make sure he holidays with us as much as possible. We (Clare SWMBO) enjoy driving and holidaying in Europe, in particular France, so a MH with bikes etc is a perfect solution....we think!? Anyway, we've taken the plunge and gone new, we've bought a Knaus Sun Ti 700, which is due for handover next week....very excited!!
Most of my initial questions have been answered simply by searching this forum, but I have one, that I can't get an answer to, or rather that I can't phrase properly in the search box!?

"Do you keep all or most of your gear (tools, electric & water kit, BBQ, chairs, windbreaks etc etc) in your MH all of the time, or do you remove anything not bolted down each time you return to a home base or storage? If you do remove things, is it for security reasons or to prevent against cold, heat, damp etc. We will be fully alarmed and parked on home driveway when not touring and the MH insurance covers the price of anything kept on board, but I'd be keen to know any best practices you guys might use?"

Thanks in advance

Andy

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Hi and Welcome. We keep our van in the drive, I say in rather than on as it occupies the whole of the front and is blocked in by a hedge and other motors so apart from locks and alarms is as secure as it can be out front. We keep everything on board apart from fresh food and some day to day wear. Everything whether coffee machine, cutlery, chairs, windbreak, BBQ, waterproofs, boots, doggie things is doubled up so we have the same on the van as we have at home, almost. We have a checklist and load the day before we plan to leave ticking things off as we go. Oh, and good luck with the new motorhome - nice. (y)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi and welcome from down the hill in Devon .
As I use mine whenever Evan days out on the moors most of the camping bits stay put in the van .and get forgotten till needed .
I can't say I've seen you avitar in this section before ,but I have a awful memory for name,unless they owe me money :D
smiley-41.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Welcome to the forum enjoy your travels, regarding kit, pack everything, do a few extended trips, unpack and leave the majority of stuff in your shed! Did this after returning from Morocco this year and left out about 40% of the stuff I'd been lugging around!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We leave all our things in the van but have a clear/sort out every now and then.

Welcome to Fun
:welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello :welc:

We also keep most stuff in the MH, just swap stuff for summer/winter/holidays etc. If we had to unload/load every time I'd give up!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back