Hi All you landlubbers. (1 Viewer)

Jan 17, 2018
Sunny Poole
Funster No
MH
Low profile Burstner
Exp
3 years and learning
We have just swapped a keel for four wheels! So we don't have to worry about wind and tide anymore. Although we almost got blown away from a clifftop CL over the Christmas hols. Just one question, what is the best anchor to take.
Looking forward to your replies. Alan n Lis

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
:welcomesign: Hi guys. Glad you managed to get on land. Anchor? Be serious! Keep on moving and enjoy it all!

Kev and Carolyn

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
14856011_0_640x640.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

arto stu

Free Member
Aug 29, 2017
Farnborough
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff Arto 69
Exp
Im a newbie
Always need a good anchor... i still have a boat as well as a van... a real sucker for punishment...welcome on board

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: Alan and Lis, welcome to the fun (y) If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out the FAQ

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
It ain't your wallet that's for sure, owning a M/H can sometimes lighten it considerably.

Welcome anyway! Tiz a good place to be, this 'ere M/H Fun thingee. Information? tiz there, no matter what subject, don't have to be M/Hs
Summin to make you smile, laugh? @Old Mo jokes tiz for you too. Banter? Aw well ! 'spect you find that out as you go along, tiz harmless.
Most of all , if you are in trouble, there is always a Funster to help you over it

Well maybe not Earthquakes, Avalances, Volcano eruptions, Tsunamis, WW3, Armaggon!, and flatulence!

OP
OP
Alanben
Jan 17, 2018
Sunny Poole
Funster No
MH
Low profile Burstner
Exp
3 years and learning
Always need a good anchor... i still have a boat as well as a van... a real sucker for punishment...welcome on board
Lis put her foot down when I suggested that!

OP
OP
Alanben
Jan 17, 2018
Sunny Poole
Funster No
MH
Low profile Burstner
Exp
3 years and learning
It ain't your wallet that's for sure, owning a M/H can sometimes lighten it considerably.

Welcome anyway! Tiz a good place to be, this 'ere M/H Fun thingee. Information? tiz there, no matter what subject, don't have to be M/Hs
Summin to make you smile, laugh? @Old Mo jokes tiz for you too. Banter? Aw well ! 'spect you find that out as you go along, tiz harmless.
Most of all , if you are in trouble, there is always a Funster to help you over it

Well maybe not Earthquakes, Avalances, Volcano eruptions, Tsunamis, WW3, Armaggon!, and flatulence!
I must learn to speak Cornwallees

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Alanben

Welcome.

I also changed over from sail to a MH, but had both for a while.

I had a Westerly 33 ketch, built in 1978 and I bought it in 1987, sailed it to Greece and used it in the Aegean for about 4,000 NM and 70 islands for 30 years.

Needed to see inland Europe - boat would not get up Pyrenees even with following wind. - so bought MH 8 years ago.

I kept the boat near Poros, but with our limited time away it became impossible to keep both going, so I passed the boat over last year to a friend who is an excellent engineer and has run boat maintenance companies, so she is in good hands; I may go to help to crew her back to UK later this year.

Motorhomes are easier to run and maintain and one can get to places quicker.

I still miss being anchored in a safe bay and waking up in the morning and diving into crystal clear water. but do not miss worrying about dragging and other hard bits.

But the MH on a Pyrenees mountain also has some great moments.

What MH have you got?

Geoff

OP
OP
Alanben
Jan 17, 2018
Sunny Poole
Funster No
MH
Low profile Burstner
Exp
3 years and learning
View attachment 208804 Hi and welcome
You could take a few of these.
Alanben

Welcome.

I also changed over from sail to a MH, but had both for a while.

I had a Westerly 33 ketch, built in 1978 and I bought it in 1987, sailed it to Greece and used it in the Aegean for about 4,000 NM and 70 islands for 30 years.

Needed to see inland Europe - boat would not get up Pyrenees even with following wind. - so bought MH 8 years ago.

I kept the boat near Poros, but with our limited time away it became impossible to keep both going, so I passed the boat over last year to a friend who is an excellent engineer and has run boat maintenance companies, so she is in good hands; I may go to help to crew her back to UK later this year.

Motorhomes are easier to run and maintain and one can get to places quicker.

I still miss being anchored in a safe bay and waking up in the morning and diving into crystal clear water. but do not miss worrying about dragging and other hard bits.

But the MH on a Pyrenees mountain also has some great moments.

What MH have you got?

Geoff
Hi Geoff
We have a Burstner low profile M/H We have just sold Blue Jay our J109 Race boat. Sad Day but looking forward to new adventures.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back