Hi all, yes new to this site hope it gets better !! (1 Viewer)

rum51

Free Member
Apr 30, 2011
Sale
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
i`m a newbie
Hi again, I`ve just been scammed off e-bay imposter Rosalind Smith, "She" was situated in Bacilona with a good offer of a motorhome selling at £5750 inc delivery, looked the real thing untill near the end, yes no contact from her or the "transport", now It`s all gone.

Anyway, I`m still in the market to buy, looking for a 5/6 birth from 5 to 30k, hope to see it first this time, I know should have done that then but what can I say. Iv`e been beaten up and raped not more can be said, it still hurts but the urge to own my own is still there.

I live in Sale Trafford so anyone close or know of a good dealer would be most appreciated

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome :thumb: sorry to hear you have been ripped off :Eeek: we try to high lite the scammers on eBay but miss one or two :winky: Don't limit your search to close by dealers and try to go to a show to look around for a suitable van :thumb:Once you see what you want then you can start your search :thumb: be it private or dealer :ROFLMAO:No doubt Peter who owns Johns cross m/h will be along soon :thumb::ROFLMAO::winky:
terry

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I am so sorry your first step to owning your own MH has been so painful. I looked at that advert too as have many Funsters, who have listed the scam advert on this site. This has resulted in others like me contacting the e mail address asking for details and receiving the same scam letter from Barcelona. We then remind her we have received these letters before and don't believe the advert to be genuine. Immediately the advert is removed from e bay. Sadly though it appears a few days later so if you see it post a link to this site so we can keep letting the scammer know we are aware what they are up to.

Keep looking for the right MH, know what layout you want by trying a good few. We went to a dealer and he showed us all the layouts even though we said we could not afford £20k + for a Mh. This was so helpful after we left we knew exactly what layout we wanted. Also they will tell you running costs too, insurance, road tax and recovery costs.
If you are not sure what to pay for your insurance ask on the site it is a frequent link and people are only too willing to share what they believe to be the best insurance and recovery service for them.

I am sure you will find a MH soon on budget and you will be joining the happy band of Funsters.

If you are slightly nutty or even completely nuts have a look in the chat room you can make some new friends who will tailor any help you want to your personal situation.

Norman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi Rum,

Welcome to the forum.

There is Spinneys near you and also Embee, Both of course will charge you more than Ebay, but in my experience won't leave you crying like some on ebay can.

Im not too far away, if you need a hand, just shout up.

5-30k is quite some variation of Budget though :Eeek:

Are you a family? how many of you? what sort of layout do you want?

cazdavies

Free Member
Mar 22, 2011
stoke
Funster No
MH
Hymer S700
Exp
Hi again, I`ve just been scammed off e-bay imposter Rosalind Smith, "She" was situated in Bacilona with a good offer of a motorhome selling at £5750 inc delivery, looked the real thing untill near the end, yes no contact from her or the "transport", now It`s all gone.

Anyway, I`m still in the market to buy, looking for a 5/6 birth from 5 to 30k, hope to see it first this time, I know should have done that then but what can I say. Iv`e been beaten up and raped not more can be said, it still hurts but the urge to own my own is still there.

I live in Sale Trafford so anyone close or know of a good dealer would be most appreciated

Hi This was the same scam I nearly lost money to if it was not for my son he goggled the name and we goggled scams and it happened the policed where interested in this so called person I reported it all to the police and Ebay as I was playing along with her still Have they done anything obviously not sorry to here you lost money
Cazdavies

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If it is far too cheap there is generally a reason, a bad one unfortunately.

Peter

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Sorry to hear you have had a bad time!

Join up, and enjoy the advice here - it will pay off, as many here are experienced and expert at spotting a good/bad deal. Handy when you are looking, and even handier when you get your new motorhome! Great community and welcome!

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Rum51
Welcome to MH Fun

Sorry to hear you got caught, joining here some are very good at spotting scams and can save you well over what it costs to join, and will help in your search all we can.

May your future ventures prove more successful.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Doesn't ebay give you any protection against this ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back