LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hiya All,
Not been on lately internet connction and e-mail pretty hit n miss where we are.
Weather is fantastic in the mid to high 80s everyday. Watched Dolphins playing just off the beach yesterday and Pelicans pinching a fishermans bait.

Finally got a car and had it fitted to the rig for towing (photo) plus Jan talked me into having a washer dryer fitted (more money) reckon we'll save the cost in about 250 years :ROFLMAO:

We're heading off to Alligator Alley tomorrow to spend a few days in the Everglades then back up the East coast past Miami to spend a couple more days camped on the beach at Cape Canaveral. Then Nashville and Memphis, keep you posted when we can, see you guys :thumb::thumb:
Rory & Jan (stil dancing)

Florida022-1.jpg

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Nice one Ror i'ts great to hear you are having fun and the weathers good. It's poxy here at the moment and a cold snap comming in from up north for a few days. So spare a thought for us poor souls, maybe not just carry on having fun.:ROFLMAO:
Safe driving :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Great stuff Rory & Jan. you seem to be enjoying yourselves::bigsmile: we are having a bit of a heatwave here in Wales as well:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Its decidedly soggy in the Cotswolds at the moment (just for a change).........have yourselves a great time! ::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi Rory,
Good to see your having a good time and the weathers good.

Weathers great here to, cold, damp and wet. :Sad:

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
Wow !! - nice looking RV :thumb::thumb:

Great travels - Brian & Julia

Don't let Jan talk you into gator boots and a handbag ::bigsmile:

martyn

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chelmsford,Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11Years
Hi Ror, If you are going to Memphis, you have got to take a trip to Graceland.I am sure there is a camp ground behind Heartbreak Hotel, on Elvis Presley Blvd.where we stayed in 2004.Graceland is just across the road from the hotel.Have a great time......Martyn :thumb:

V

vanessa

Deleted User
Sounds like you're having a great trip! Enjoy the rest of it:winky:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi rory and Jan, good to hear from you, (i am not jealous honest) looks like you are having the trip of a lifetime, nice rig and car, watch them alligators rory don't upset jan before you go though (or she will be giving your bike away) washing machine nice one jan, keep in touch when you can, see you soon
love ruth::bigsmile:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Right ! your gettin on me nerves now Countryboy soakin up all that sun :shout:

Thats an awsome looking rig Rory but whats the toad :thumb:

Hope you have a great time mate but hurry home we're missing you and Jan

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
I am sure there is a camp ground behind Heartbreak Hotel, on Elvis Presley Blvd.

That's correct Martyn; It's right across the street from Graceland. Not a very good campground IMO. If I were going there again (highly unlikely), I'd stay at Link Removed in West Memphis, which is actually in Arkansas. A much nicer campground on the River and an easy drive to Graceland.

Their web site currently has a note about the campground being closed due to high water, but a phone call would confirm if it's OK.

When we were headed to that campground, we were driving through a run down area, and we eventually turned around half a mile from the campground. Everyone I've talked with has said we should have kept going. We ended up behind the Graceland Hotel.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time going to Memphis, but the missus just had to go there. Nashville OTOH was well worth a trip and The Grand Old Opry is a definite must. They have live radio and TV shows broadcast from there every week, and it's fun being in the audience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back