Jul 23, 2012
Cottenham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Hi,

new to all of this, been hankering for a motorhome for as long as I can remember ( at my age thats a long time) , finally done the deed and gone for a 2007 A Class Burstsner Elegance i685.

Had two short trips so far , just to get used to things and write the list of things we forgot to get !!!

Looking forward to many more trips in the not too distant future.

I'm sure I will have numerous questions and hope you can all help me out along the way.

Chris

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Welcome to the Forum. I am sure you will have no regrets.

Steve

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Hi
Get in touch with Jim (the ringleader) and find out where you can download the motorhome checklists, you wont forget anything again.
Worth it for a newbie.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Chriffy

Free Member
Jul 23, 2012
Cottenham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Burstner Elegance i685 Water pump

Hi all, your superior knowledge would be appreciated........

When i turn my pump (water) on at the control panel it seems to be continually pumping. Is this right? Should it not be activated by the micro switches in the taps/shower/flush toilet ??

Do I rteally have to turn it on and off every time I wish to use it??

Yopur help / advise would be grratly appreciated.

Chriffy

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi Chriffy and welcome. The only time our pump kept going was when we had a leak, under the sink in the bathroom. You may need a new tap or connection, but I'm sure others will know more. I'm sure there's a motorhome parts dealer near to you. :welcomefunster::welcomefunster::welcomefunster:

Ivy

OP
OP
C

Chriffy

Free Member
Jul 23, 2012
Cottenham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Thanks Ivy, didn't think it was right, I'll need to investigate further,

Chris

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Chris

Your pump should only be running when using the taps so as Ivy says you may have a leek, or if you have the mixer tap like ours if it isn't pushed down properly it can activate the switch which in turn activates the pump even though no water comes out.

Hope this helps

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Hi all, your superior knowledge would be appreciated........

When i turn my pump (water) on at the control panel it seems to be continually pumping. Is this right? Should it not be activated by the micro switches in the taps/shower/flush toilet ??

Do I rteally have to turn it on and off every time I wish to use it??

Yopur help / advise would be grratly appreciated.

Chriffy

A couple of simple things to check from our experience -

if the pump continues to run on the current van (Rapido) it probably means that 'someone' has drained the boiler (or the boiler has dumped because of the outside temperature - not relevant at the moment) and forgotten to close the dump valve - you'll see water under the van if this is the case

if the pump continued to run on the last van (Autosleeper) it probably meant that one of the taps hadn't been turned off tightly - even the slowest drip would activate the pump

Hope this helps

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Hi Chriffy,

Congratulations on your new motorhome.

In addition to what others mention:
If the pump is continually running and there are no leaks and the whole system is fully primed then the pump may not be attaining the cut out pressure. You might still be getting water out of the taps so it is pumping something. If you have good pressure at the taps then it may be a faulty microswitch. The microswitches are normally incorporated in the pump unit so either way it could mean a new pump. They are easily attainable from caravan accessory stores and relatively straight forward to fit if the access is good. Hope this helps....:thumb:

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Hi,

new to all of this, been hankering for a motorhome for as long as I can remember ( at my age thats a long time) , finally done the deed and gone for a 2007 A Class Burstsner Elegance i685.

Had two short trips so far , just to get used to things and write the list of things we forgot to get !!!

Looking forward to many more trips in the not too distant future.

I'm sure I will have numerous questions and hope you can all help me out along the way.

Chris

Wow!!! Nice van to start with.:Smile:

OP
OP
C

Chriffy

Free Member
Jul 23, 2012
Cottenham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Hi Chriffy,

Congratulations on your new motorhome.

In addition to what others mention:
If the pump is continually running and there are no leaks and the whole system is fully primed then the pump may not be attaining the cut out pressure. You might still be getting water out of the taps so it is pumping something. If you have good pressure at the taps then it may be a faulty microswitch. The microswitches are normally incorporated in the pump unit so either way it could mean a new pump. They are easily attainable from caravan accessory stores and relatively straight forward to fit if the access is good. Hope this helps....:thumb:

Hi DesRes,

thanks for advice. Replaced pump 2 weeks ago as it had failed, dealer sent me a new one, easy to fit.

Micro switches seem to be in the taps, I can hear them when the taps are lifted into "on" position. There are no apparent leaks anywhere and the system is fully primed. a mystery.

Can't really find anything in the manual that helps, so may just send an email to Burstner to see if they can offer advice of any kind.

Thanks to everyone for the help and advice so far, you've been great,

Chris

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Okay Chriffy,

Different system, and I've never worked with the one you have....:Sad:

However, if you have microswitches on all the taps in the van, logic says that it must be one of those micro switches that is continually telling the pump to start, whether the tap be open or closed. (It is only by cutting the power to the pump that you are getting it to stop, yes?)
I am guessing that each tap in the system will have it's own micro switch and all the switches will be wired in parallel so that no matter which tap is operated then the circuit is closed and the pump will run.
So how to find which tap switch is at fault? If the terminal connections for each tap switch are accessible, first of all turn off the power and disconnect one switch, (remove the two wires that will come from the tap to the junction.) Switch the power back on and if the pump starts then it's not that one, but there may be more than one at fault so leave that disconnected and move to the next. By process of ellimination you should find it. If you have a multimeter to hand you can check for continuity on each switch, zero resistance with the tap open, open circuit with the tap shut. This will really test the switch mechanism of each tap.
Now, I'm only guessing all of this so if none of it's true I'm quite prepared to get shot down. Don't do anything if you are unsure....:thumb:

OP
OP
C

Chriffy

Free Member
Jul 23, 2012
Cottenham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Thanks yet again DesRes,

Sounds very logical to me, and a worthwhile exercise if only to eliminate the micro switches as the potential problem . That's my Saturday morning sorted then !

Cheers,

Chris

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to fun, if you can not get sorted out from the suggestions on this thread you could start another thread with the specific title and some more of our motorhome guru's may pick it up. Questions keep asking them thats what the forum is all about. :welcomefunster:

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Welcome. When I got my van it had a leaking tap. I've since replaced them all. Looks like it wasn't winterised properly each year before we got it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back