Hi all, my name is Roy, retired and my wife an I sold our house and are now travelling around NZ in our new 2020 swift voyager 694. Really enjoying it (1 Viewer)

Roys Swift Rv

Free Member
Feb 17, 2021
Palmerston North New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 694
Exp
Since 1992
Interested to chat with others and share tips etc on how to look after the RV. I’ve increased my w/tank to 200lt, have a direct water supply inlet, pressure adjusted, spare tyre fitted, have some issues with waste tank monitoring, inconsistent readings , other than that everything’s fine, mind you I have only travelled 5-6000 km so far. Would love to chat with similar interests😀

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Good morning Roy and :pink:
I don't think many (if any) of the tank monitoring devices are particularly accurate or reliable.
That's a very bold move to sell up and tour.
Good luck and I hope it is everything you expect it to be.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
w2f
Sounds like a great adventure.
Did you ship your swift to NZ or buy over there ?
We'd all love to see some photos if you want to share them with us ?
Safe travels 👍🏻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Good morning, ;bigwelcome: to Motorhome Fun sounds like a wonderful adventure I wonder if one of our Funsters Kiwi Brit has any advice /help he could given you.
Do keep posting about your travels.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
A friend of mine bought a new motorhome in the UK about 10 years ago and shipped it to NZ. He toured in it for about six months and then sold it for not a lot less than he paid for it. I wonder if the market is still as favourable?

Enjoy your travels and welcome to the House of Fun ...

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
Welcome.

What a great thing to-do.

A least you wont run into DI Stanton now(netflix"wanted")😷

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Hi and welcome from our corner of Lincolnshire. We had a holiday in New Zealand in a hired camper van lasting nearly four weeks.
We managed to see both islands but couldn’t stay any longer due to family commitments in Australia. We want to go back. There’s so much we couldn’t see last time.

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Not bothered with a level/gauge - if I need to fill up with clean, other tank needs emptying.

Apr 20, 2015
Blenheim, New Zealand
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a newbie
Hi, hope you are enjoying our lovely country, mind you i really miss the UK, and it is so frustrating not being able to make our planned holiday back last year.
We are Kiwis who are extremely proud to have British passports. We lived in UK for 10 years, 8 1/2 of that time living in a narrowboat, then purchased an Autotrail motorhome which we eventually shipped back to NZ.
We live in Blenheim in the top of the South Island. Just contact us if at any time you require any help.
Welcome to Funsters, a great group.

Jul 20, 2017
Epsom, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Roy - we were in NZ for 6 months in 2018 travelling about in our MH which we shipped there from almost new. We sold through a broker before we left to return to the UK. Would definitely do the same again but buy a more moderate MH. The broker was brilliant and the end sale was seamless. 6 months was not long enough and we ended up returning at end of 2019 for another 3 months to finish off what had been on our wish list! Do get in touch if you have any questions - we would do it again in a heartbeat. I also posted a blog online if you are interested.....

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
w2f
what a beautiful country to tour in in a motorhome. We hope to do it for a holiday one day.

MarZar

Free Member
Jul 13, 2018
da8 2ey
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp

Hi all, my name is Roy, retired and my wife an I have rented out our house and are now travelling around !!! Well nowhere as we are in lock down in kent in our old swift Kontiki 665. Had to return from Europe early! But will be back travelling as soon as we can. Really enjoying it​

Lol
I started to read and thought, I wasn't that drunk last night, that I don't remember posting
Lol
Roy send some pics of NZ

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Hellooo

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Hello.
I lived in NZ 1989-92. Loved it. The kids burst into tears when we said we were returning :cry:
We were based in Hawkes Bay which is glorious. Sadly when you are living and working at the time you don't get to see as much as you really should.
Since discovering motorhoming (and retiring!) we have made up for this big time but not yet got back to the 'land of the long white cloud'

Bruchel

Free Member
Jul 29, 2020
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590 RS
Exp
Newbies
Welcome Roy, and welcome to the fun. Not in the slightest bit jealous!! 🤪 My wife and I did just over a month travelling around NZ for our Honeymoon in 2011. Profile pic is our rental parked up by (I think) Lake Wanaka, after passing through Cardrona. Or was it Lake Pukaki after coming back from our Helicopter trip over Mount Cook? So many lakes, and all of them stunning. Enjoy your travels. Post photos!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back