Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Greetings all,

Hi from the West coast of Scotland.

Been lurking for a while but thought I'd pay up and start to contribute, question and/or pester.

I've trawled my way through this entire website and found all the hints, tips, ideas, advice and opinions very valuable. So a grand, "HUSSAR"! and thanks to all and sundry.

I'll just dive right in...

I've just turned fifty and have decided to treat myself to a motorhome for my birthday. This momentous decision was brought about in the summer when I was touring Ireland on my motorbike and camping, as I had been advised and encouraged to do; it was a good idea at the time.

Every night for a week, after a hard days riding, I'd arrive at a site and have to erect a tent. Whilst doing so I keenly observed the folks around me in nice vans sitting out, quaffing a nice cool chardonnay and generally having a whale of a time and the occasional snigger (can we still use that word?) at my expense as I wrestled with my non-compliant tent in a fresh Irish breeze; needless to say I didn't really see the amusing side of it at the time.

During my long contemplative, Zen-like rides through the sublime Ireland it slowly started to dawned on me, much like what's-his-name when he walked to Damascus, perhaps instead of a tent, the cold and a sore back I could do the Motorhome thing?

This revelation coalesced into a EUREKA! moment whilst stopped for a sly smoke - don't tell the wife-"I SHOULD BUY ME ONE OF THOSE HOOS-WI-WHEEL-THINGIES!"

And there you have it. Straight out of the blue. I proposed it to SWMBO a few months ago after plying her with babycham and as the youngsters say, she was well up for it! Go figure as the yanks say...

So, I have made a purchase but I won't give you the big reveal yet, I'll keep you on tenter hooks for the time being. If your really interested I will be posting in the general discussion area with a wee problem I have concerning the whole affair...hooked you now. ain't I ?!

TTFN

Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Weclom as they say in Still Game

Emoji.jpg

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Hi and welcome from another Westie that transitioned from a tent and bike.

OP
OP
Bonkers the Dog

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
THanks folks, much appreciated. Looking forward to some robust debate!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello hellowelcome sounds like all the right reasons to buy a van I'm sure you will fit in the forum very well any questions just ask away.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Welcome to the fun forum Bonkers.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. I bet you now have plenty of those 'tenter hooks' to spare.:LOL:

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back