HGV LICENSE (1 Viewer)

Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
Hi,

Mine is now due after it carried on for nearly a year, I live in the Evesham area, WR11, does anyone know where best to go and decent price. Advice appreciated

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
C1 renewal - needed every 3 years
Prepare yourself for a long wait. Mine took over 15 weeks.
Medical from your GP, if you are lucky, or Doctors4Drivers at less than half the cost and probably much quicker.
D4 medical form can be downloaded from DVLA website but the application form has to be sent to you or can be obtained from larger Crown post offices.
You can still drive if your application is delayed but only in the U.K.

Best of luck! Lots of threads on here about renewals if you search.

Richard.

Upvote 0

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
My C1 renewal took about 9 days. It was a little more complicated than yours but not much. I sent a new picture and asked to drop my C+E but keep C1. I sent no money and my new licence dropped in the post box 9 days later.
you will get people telling you that it takes weeks. That’s probably a fairly rare occurrence. Just don’t send your old licence back. Tick the lost licence box. That way it can be miraculously found if your new one comes back with groups missing.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tinkerbell
Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
Booked with D4Drivers 3 October, form downloaded and printed from their site, thanks everyone

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
My C1 renewal took about 9 days. It was a little more complicated than yours but not much. I sent a new picture and asked to drop my C+E but keep C1. I sent no money and my new licence dropped in the post box 9 days later.
you will get people telling you that it takes weeks. That’s probably a fairly rare occurrence. Just don’t send your old licence back. Tick the lost licence box. That way it can be miraculously found if your new one comes back with groups missing.
A lost licence costs £20 to replace ? I'd check the dates & grouos on the new one

Upvote 0

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
A lost licence costs £20 to replace ? I'd check the dates & grouos on the new one
Mine cost nothing as I wasn’t replacing a lost licence just renewing it. With a new picture and dropping my C+E but retaining C1+E
I can assure you that I didn’t pay anything and the new one came retaining the groups requested and dropping the groups no longer required. Just checked my groups and I have also kept D1+E.
If you want to send your old licence go for it but you have been warned they are coming back missing previously held groups. I personally know two police motorcyclists and one HGV driver that had new licences returned missing their motorcycle and HGV groups. All three could not prove they had previously held these groups and as a consequence had to retake their tests. Miraculously finding the previously lost licence would have alleviated this problem.

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Mine cost nothing as I wasn’t replacing a lost licence just renewing it. With a new picture and dropping my C+E but retaining C1+E
I can assure you that I didn’t pay anything and the new one came retaining the groups requested and dropping the groups no longer required. Just checked my groups and I have also kept D1+E.
If you want to send your old licence go for it but you have been warned they are coming back missing previously held groups. I personally know two police motorcyclists and one HGV driver that had new licences returned missing their motorcycle and HGV groups. All three could not prove they had previously held these groups and as a consequence had to retake their tests. Miraculously finding the previously lost licence would have alleviated this problem.
Why not just photograph or scan the old licence?
I copied my old one on the scanner and kept on file just in case of the errors above.
In fact I scanned every page of every form before sending them to the useless DVLA knowing there was a chance of cock ups or lost application.

Richard.

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
They should have charged you as by ticking the lost licence box you are supposed to pay. You must be lucky.
n fact I scanned every page of every form before sending them to the useless DVLA knowing there was a chance of cock ups or lost application.
I do that with anything & everyone.

Upvote 0

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Hi,

Mine is now due after it carried on for nearly a year, I live in the Evesham area, WR11, does anyone know where best to go and decent price. Advice appreciated
Universal training gloucester im
Doing mine at next month they have tests dates free up now car/trailer abolished

Upvote 0

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Why not just photograph or scan the old licence?
I copied my old one on the scanner and kept on file just in case of the errors above.
In fact I scanned every page of every form before sending them to the useless DVLA knowing there was a chance of cock ups or lost application.

Richard.
The last I heard was that only the original document was proof. Photocopies were not acceptable. A little like having to carry your original documents in France.
It’s completely up to you whether you send your old licence or not.

Upvote 0
Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Luckily, the last time I had to update my license when moving house I 'forgot' to destroy the old one. ....

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Odd that the Police will have a copy if their driving licences on their personal file for proof they are entitled and qualified to drive Police vehicles, as for the HGV driver would his employer have a copy ?

Upvote 0

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Odd that the Police will have a copy if their driving licences on their personal file for proof they are entitled and qualified to drive Police vehicles, as for the HGV driver would his employer have

I’m not sure copies are accepted as proof. Like the French only accept original documents and not copies. Maybe photocopies are easy to change to show entitlements you don’t really have.
I don’t know and am only offering the advice as given to me by a driving instructor. Whether the advice is used is not up to me but I’ve never sent my old licence and never had any problem.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back