HGV Entitlement - Reinstatement (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
I know! I see the T come up and think wtf? Then realise it was that last hill that I dared to venture up to 61mph. :wasntme:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I know! I see the T come up and think wtf? Then realise it was that last hill that I dared to venture up to 61mph. :wasntme:
I do wonder sometimes all the hassle and rubbish for very little reward is it really worth it. Trouble is I think that they see me as to old when I have tried for something different.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Pre 88 vehicles were not limited to the 3rd lane as they were not limited to 56mph therefore the law was if a vehicle was not capable of doing 70mph it was not allowed in the 3rd lane hence they were restricted to lanes 1 & 2 buses and coaches pre 88 did not have to be limited therefore and old chugger with older braking technology and less breaking systems could travel at 70mph in the overtaking lane where a top of the range newest technology stopping systems could only travel at 60mph so they were stuck in the 2nd lane with the trucks limited at 56mph
it would not surprise me if buses and coaches will be allowed back into the other lane
its a very interesting piece of legislation that seemed to been adapted by stealth, not sure which edition of the highway code it was changed in

this makes entertaining reading if your interested in a overview of how thing have changed

love 1982 it makes me smile and how examiners were trained :eek:
trouble is the limit would still have stayed the same as EU rules take precedence when offering greater benefits= safety in the lower 56mph limit. It might be ok now the UK is out but before the limiters had to be at 56pmh(90kph)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
You can do the lot in 1 week or 1 day a year. If you do a 1 week course you are then covered for 5 years. Then the next 5 years kicks in you have till the end of that 5 years to complete the training. Hence it’s possible to go 10 years.
No you cant because the date starts from the date of your last course. Even I listened to that bit :LOL:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I don't wish to cast any aspersions on any instructors perse, but I do have a couple of mates who are employed drivers, who spent a week in a classroom with an instructor who 6 months earlier, was a painter and decorator of some 15 years previously. He openly admitted he wouldn't have a clue how to drive a truck, but said he'd done the course to train as an instructor? Its not the first example I've heard like this and I suppose as long as you get your cpc at the end of it, it doesn't matter how.
For me, the best way to learn a trade is from the experienced tradesman who can pass on their knowledge. That's howni learnt many tears ago to rope and sheet, not in a classroom.
Ive had to correct a "trainer" I try to sit there and say nothing but the one in particular was awful, kept on that the first 15 minutes of POA was automatically counted as break. I have yet to find a proper CPC holder who agrees, this guy also got the working day wrong. I wouldnt mind but it was basic stuff. The good ones are ex drivers, but in 10 courses I've still not learnt one useful thing.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
No you cant because the date starts from the date of your last course. Even I listened to that bit :LOL:
You wasn’t listening very hard. Because of all the cpc cards running out at the same time if you get them done before they run out they get post dated and start from when they was to run out. I know because I was told and they did it for me.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
You wasn’t listening very hard. Because of all the cpc cards running out at the same time if you get them done before they run out they get post dated and start from when they was to run out. I know because I was told and they did it for me.
I'm going to check on that But for that to work you would have to do 10 anyway. you would have just done the previous 5 and then have to do another 5 on the back of it.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I'm going to check on that But for that to work you would have to do 10 anyway. you would have just done the previous 5 and then have to do another 5 on the back of it.
Don’t worry, not bothered really.

OP
OP
MrDean
Jun 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
Since July 2020
Thank you all for the comments. My license with the reinstated entitlements arrived in this mornings post.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
you also need to do the digital tacho course
Not even remotely true. One might want the licence for purely private driving of a large (over 7.5t) Motorhome. These vehicles don’t need or have a tacho.
why try to place problems where none exist?

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Everybody knows a tacho is only required for commercial vehicles as far as I was aware the thread was about a hgv for work purposes

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Everybody knows a tacho is only required for commercial vehicles as far as I was aware the thread was about a hgv for work purposes
I drove HGV for work, police officers drive HGV for work, The Army drive HGV for work, the Navy drive HGV for work, the RAF drive HGV for work. Many, many people drive HGV for work but don’t need tacho cards as they are exempt. So if as you say everybody knows, then everybody is wrong as well as you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back