Heyupluv's wife Christine,blood clot on the brain/stroke (1 Viewer)

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
That must have been so scary. We're so pleased Chris is on the mend and wish you many more travels. ::bigsmile:

Ivy and Sandy

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
We've never met but I sincerely hope Christine has a full and swift recovery. Look after yourself too as Christine will be relying on you for some time.

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
I'm yet another person who has never met you. Well done for your quick action. Please wish Chris all the best and a speedy recovery and I hope to meet you in the future at a funster do. Take care

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
As others have said you have been through a harrowing time. You acted quickly and she is now recovering thanks to your quick thinking. I only know of you through your previous posts on here but your description of events is extremely accurate and makes me feel as though I'd been there. I am sure that I am not alone in feeling moved by this and am so pleased that she is making good progress. Wish her well from us.

Wyn & Jean

Thanks Wyn & Jean....I am so thankful to the UK ITV channel for keep showing that advert of somebody having a stroke....it just jogs you,and tells you to act:thumb: very fast..
then you are in the hands of the hospital team....
Mel

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I'm yet another person who has never met you. Well done for your quick action. Please wish Chris all the best and a speedy recovery and I hope to meet you in the future at a funster do. Take care

Thank you will do

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We've never met you, Mel, but heard lots of good things about you. All best wishes for you both from Jill and myself.

Thanks Graham and Jill

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
I've never met you, but I have shared your experience. My thoughts are with you and your beloved wife.
It sounds as if you’re going to have a good outcome. So in that respect I am happy for you both. Keep your courage; your confidence and love will aid her recovery.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Best wishes and good luck to you both, bottom line as this has proved, Time is of the essence:thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Mel, we haven't met Christine or yourself as yet, but look forward to doing so in the future.
We wish Christine a full and speedy recovery.
Our best wishes to you both.

Brisey & Pamelaaar.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
First I have heard of it Mel I am so pleased to see such a great outcome, tell Christine to get better and come home soon to get the pork pies in the oven.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
First I have heard of it Mel I am so pleased to see such a great outcome, tell Christine to get better and come home soon to get the pork pies in the oven.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thank you Roger I will tell Christine...sorry I did not get to inform you, but there is many I may have missed but not on purpose.. but at the moment I am not sure if I am on head or my feet....

Mel

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i will visit iceland on me way out to portugal early next year and will get the lard and bacon tell chris she is cooking and i told ya get them metal curlers out her head all them microwaves she picks up still at lkeast we get a great reception on channel 5 when she is near
get well girl will chat to ya soon and hurry cause mel is wasting away without ya cooking lol
from 1 cockney git to another speedy recovery purly queen xx :Smile:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
i will visit iceland on me way out to portugal early next year and will get the lard and bacon tell chris she is cooking and i told ya get them metal curlers out her head all them microwaves she picks up still at lkeast we get a great reception on channel 5 when she is near
get well girl will chat to ya soon and hurry cause mel is wasting away without ya cooking lol
from 1 cockney git to another speedy recovery purly queen xx :Smile:

Bill you bugger:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:..yes I will tell her...she was laughing about the wifi boosters..her curlers.. that you said had caused the blood clot:Doh:..thanks bill :thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
hehehehe i wonder if we can get her something from them foreign shops :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
and tell her i will let her try the helicopter if she likes :ROFLMAO:
forgot to tell ya foster tits sends her love to you both but says it wont matter she is still cutting ya nuts off for the fringe trim

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Have chatted with you a couple of times Mel - well done for your prompt thinking and all best wishes to Christine for a speedy recovery.

Catherine
(Yorkshire exile)

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Have chatted with you a couple of times Mel - well done for your prompt thinking and all best wishes to Christine for a speedy recovery.

Catherine
(Yorkshire exile)

Thanks Catherine

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Chris and Mel, hope your wife makes a speedy recovery, she,s in the best place, must meet up one day, be positive.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi we are very sorry to here of your wife's life's miss hap,but you can be assured that she will recover, but recovery does take time and patience, and our prayers are with you, Alf and M

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Mel, Only just heard ! Hope Chris's health improves soon, we will keep our fingers crossed!,Well done on your prompt action. Nice to have met you both back 2011 Catillon sur Sambre, always enjoy your post's .
You are both in our thought's and prayer's.
Terry & Ann

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
So scary for you both, but so very fortunate you were home at the time and the excellence of the medical service's there,
please pass on a big hugz and our best wishes to Christine for a speedy recovery

John n Kath xx

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Hi Mel,

As someone who spent several days in intensive care in hospital in St Omer a few years back, I have nothing but praise for the standards and quality of the French healthcare system..

Our best wishes go out to you and Chris and we hope she has a full and speedy recovery.......:thumb:

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
We are very new to Fun and have never met her but please pass on our sincere best wishes to Chris, Maybe we will have the opportunity to meet her someday at a rally. We hope she will make a full and speedy recovery.
Bill & Sue

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Good luck to both of you. Sounds as if she is in the best place. Friend of mine had a stroke near Limoges in 2007. They took him to the teaching hospital in Limoges. He was in 10 days, treatment was excellent. Perfect now, you cannot tell he has ever had a stroke.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Must of been horrific, so glad your wife is on the mend and hope she makes a full recovery.All the best Julie and Dave.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
What a frightening time for you both. Our best wishes and trust that Christine recovers fully soon

Larry and Win

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Give Chris our best wishes, we have never met but you but always read your posts on fun and always check out your photos.
Great job by the French Health system.
Keep your chin up and you are in our thoughts.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back