Here's why you shouldn't visit Dumfries and Galloway. (1 Viewer)

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Hi normally wouldn't be a problem but we're heading to the lake tomorrow about 1 pm. if it's just laptops and phones I could pop down for them tonight and bring them back tomorrow.
Any other time feel free to ask
Hi, just come back to real life and electric so just got the message, Thank you for the kind offers, we will be back to D and G soon so will keep in touch, steve and nade.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Well that's let the cat out of the bag lol. One big surprise for those that visit is that parking is mostly free, even in beautiful towns like Castle Douglas & that's right on the main shopping area, on street parking!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Parking is free everywhere in D&G except in one car park in Dumfries town centre, always surprises visitors, they stop and ask where is the pay machine?

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Glasgow shools had a policy of sending their 10 year olds down to an old mansion called galloway house ,it was close to Garlieston,it was intended to give us a taste of country life ,we had dormitories etc and was set up a bit like a fee paying school ,we played football on a pitch with grass on it,the pitches in glasgow had a surface of black ash which was evil to play on. I remember a rotting section of the Mulberry Harbour ,feeding sheep and going on a forrest drive, we had to share out our sweets etc ,it was a great experience

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back