Here's a strange one! (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Just thought I would clean out the garage/locker out on my 10 week old Benimar 294 as I seen to have managed to fill it already, when I noticed the spare wheel that I have never used or even looked at was flat .So I removed it and noticed it had been used before and had a great big bolt in the tyre ,after a quick call to Marqis motorhomes I have dropped it off at their Preston depot where they are going to investigate but got the impression they thought I was pulling a fast one which I am not .any one else heard of any thing like this happening ?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Just a lack of care on the PDI Howard, or they thought they would blag it?

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
I think you are right Badknee but what where they thinking it's not acceptable on a new van. I will see what happens with it this week ,I am just annoyed that I feel guilty ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Just thought I would clean out the garage/locker out on my 10 week old Benimar 294 as I seen to have managed to fill it already, when I noticed the spare wheel that I have never used or even looked at was flat .So I removed it and noticed it had been used before and had a great big bolt in the tyre ,after a quick call to Marqis motorhomes I have dropped it off at their Preston depot where they are going to investigate but got the impression they thought I was pulling a fast one which I am not .any one else heard of any thing like this happening ?

Not on a MH but seen it happen on cars.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Years ago I picked up a new to me car from a major ford dealer and when I looked in the boot there was no spare wheel,the salesman said I will go and get a new one from the stores 5 mins later he came back with a new one I drove off and then I noticed a white coated man running after me so I stopped and he told me to come back into the showroom as my tyres were radial and the stupid salesman had given me a cr ossply tyre a good job he had spotted the salesman taking the wheel .|I have also picked up another car that had no alternator it had been swapped with another and had not been replaced so beware as salesman are a different breed .

Johnnyb

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Yorks/Derbys
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
How many miles had it covered when you bought it? If it was delivered on trade plates it may have had a puncture so used the spare. Bit naughty not to replace the damaged tyre though.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not wheels, but its not uncommon for parts to be 'nicked' from one new unsold MH to give to the owner of another to keep them happy ... it appears that whoever did it with yours didn't bother to get it sorted afterwards ... one way to tell if it was the original spare would have been to check the tyre production date and compare it to the others, but as they've now got it that's not an option. If you MH was used as a demonstrator before you got it, that could be the reason too if it got a puncture being driven from show to show etc, but it still doesn't excuse the fact that it wasn't replaced.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Johnnyb the the van was brand new it was brought up from Ipswich on a transporter so it had about 4 miles on the clock and Minxy Girl I agree with you I think someone has took the p#ss a bit it just makes you wonder what else was missed on the pdi but I am still happy with the van so it's only a tyre which I am sure they will sort (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
PDI = pointless dealer incentive! :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back