Bigbox

Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
Derby
Funster No
MH
Elnagh slim 6
Exp
Hello everyone,Sue and I would like to introduce ourselves. We have wanted a motorhome for some time and as Sue has just retired from the NHS (early) now is right for us. Bought an Elnagh 4 berth second hand with a high spec as we want to use it all year round. First Trip this weekend to Sandringham to test everythig provided there is no more snow. We are really excited and hope to meet some of you in the future. we both think this is a very useful site. Steve and Sue from Derby::bigsmile::Smile:

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
Hi Steve and Sue, welcome to the fun and congratulations on your motorhome I bet you are really exited.
Mike:Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Steve & Sue, welcome to MotorhomeFun.:thumb:
Exciting times ahead for you.:yeah: Enjoy.::bigsmile:
:flyingwelcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome to FUN

i hope you have many happy travels in your new to you home on wheels

ps. dont forget the corkscrew/tinopener

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hello & welcome. Let's all hope the snow disappears soon!!!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Steve & Sue, welcome to the wonderful world of the Motorhome and Motorhome Fun one of the best places for any tip and advice you can go :welcomefunster:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
Hello everyone,Sue and I would like to introduce ourselves. We have wanted a motorhome for some time and as Sue has just retired from the NHS (early) now is right for us. Bought an Elnagh 4 berth second hand with a high spec as we want to use it all year round. First Trip this weekend to Sandringham to test everythig provided there is no more snow. We are really excited and hope to meet some of you in the future. we both think this is a very useful site. Steve and Sue from Derby::bigsmile::Smile:

Hi and welcome Steve and Sue.

Whilst the rest of us are worrying...did we put the (special m/h non toxic)antifreeze in our water systems, did we repair the leaky roof...will the tvs surivive in the damp or should we bring em indoors, did we empty the onboard water hoze so it dont expand and break and we discover that mistake when we arrive abroad and the hoze leaks...did we lay up the motor vehicle side up right for the winter, and the trickle battery chargers working, did we take the water outta the water heater,...whats Steve and Sue doing....they are off camping....

inspirational..way to go.

Have fun and I hope the roads are clear of snow but still plenty left onsite for ya to lob at each other....then a glass of warm mead when ya get back in da van snuggled up infront of a nice log fire...(downloadable log fire burning that ya play on ya tv)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
:welcomefunster::hug::lips::party2::party2::yeah::welcome:

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
welcome!

Please be careful with your water and waste tanks if your planning to use your van at this
time of year.As freezing up is a high possibility at the moment. Make sure you have at least
five litres of water in a container inside van, so you are at least able to make a warm drink if the worst happens. Also make sure you have lots of gas for cooking and Heating.
Hope you enjoy your trip.:thumb:

Regards
Steve

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi and welcome guys :thumb: hope to see you out and about,:Smile: and can you give me a price on my house?:winky:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If away in sub zero temperatures (as I have just been) I empty the waste water tank daily, as if it freezes up overnight when full you will have to wait for summer for it to thaw. I empty it just after washing up from breakfast as it then has nice warm shower water + washing up in it so even if the little bit in it overnight froze, then it will be melted.
I used to use the idea of just leaving the drain tap open and collecting it in a bucket, but when I did that in Scotland one year there was a pile of bucket shaped icecubes at the emptying point:roflmto:

Beagleboy

Free Member
Jan 19, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
Hi just joined & never had a motorhome before so lots of questions and a lot of learning to do. Looking at an Elnagh Marlin 59 x 2001 with 22,000 miles rear kitchen at £13,500. Any views greatly appreciated.
My wife & I are just retired and looking to use a motorhome 5-6 months a year. Just us and sometimes family or just grandkids.
Tony & Denise

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi just joined & never had a motorhome before so lots of questions and a lot of learning to do. Looking at an Elnagh Marlin 59 x 2001 with 22,000 miles rear kitchen at £13,500. Any views greatly appreciated.
My wife & I are just retired and looking to use a motorhome 5-6 months a year. Just us and sometimes family or just grandkids.
Tony & Denise

Hi and welcome guys but you need to introduce yourselfs HERE just click on the orange New Thread button and do it again ok :thumb:

Beagleboy

Free Member
Jan 19, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
Newbie Beagleboy.

Hi we are Beagleboy - Tony, Denise & Harry the beagle, semi-retired, just joined & looking for advice on motorhoming. We have never owned a motorhome so there is a lot we do not know. We intend using a motorhome 5-6 months a year for short breaks around the UK with & without kids & grandkids.
We are ready to jump in and make a start. Think we prefer a rear bedroom but just noticed an Elnagh Marlin 59 2001, 22,000 miles rear kitchen asking £13,500 ?
Any advice or words of wisdom appreciated on this model and/or layouts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back