Here we go again (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yeah we have both done, went to an ambulance conversion meet with him last weekend, and must say it means different things to different people, without bragging must say ours were the most professional there, most are one stage up from a pallet chucked in the back whereas ours are complete with every mod con for off site camping.
How is the van going?
I'm humming & haaaing about going down that route although doing it here is a bit more difficult, but can be done .
If you saw some of the ones converted here, & remember it has to be done & changed on the log book so making the mot yearly rather than 6 months for a commercial ,& once done it triples the value of the vehicle, you'd wonder how they ever got reclassified. basically you are paying for the homologation. Those I've looked at over the last few nights I'd be completely rebuilding so might as well start from scratch.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
What way you heading home I have a nice freebie stopover.
1020975.jpg
1020969.jpg

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
How is the van going?
I'm humming & haaaing about going down that route although doing it here is a bit more difficult, but can be done .
If you saw some of the ones converted here, & remember it has to be done & changed on the log book so making the mot yearly rather than 6 months for a commercial ,& once done it triples the value of the vehicle, you'd wonder how they ever got reclassified. basically you are paying for the homologation. Those I've looked at over the last few nights I'd be completely rebuilding so might as well start from scratch.
We have found in uk that a badly done one actually lowers the price, if you look on eBay for vans or campervan you will see they are neither one thing or the other and no one wants them, no good as a van or a camper and if I go for another I will be looking at one of them. But saying that it wouldn't be easy like the difference between building a new house and renovating an old one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
How is the van going?

That’s a great word Gus !!!

HOMOLOGATION!!

Try getting that into your everyday conversation!!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yeah we have both done, went to an ambulance conversion meet with him last weekend, and must say it means different things to different people, without bragging must say ours were the most professional there, most are one stage up from a pallet chucked in the back whereas ours are complete with every mod con for off site camping.
Oooh never had you down for a snob :p

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well bit of a nightmare today , thought we would have a bit of a tour around the countryside today around provance , so far so good, then around dinner time started looking for an aires, very few about, so went to the first on searchforsites , nothing there, next two been closed anyway on the tour round we did drop on an afternoon car boot sale so cheered Julie up so then headed back to the coast having a look where aires should be but various reasons, rubbish , but have now found one on the car park of a castle, just can't be bothered to look at either the castle or village till morning, had enough for one day, back to the coast tomorrow(y)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well bit of a nightmare today , thought we would have a bit of a tour around the countryside today around provance , so far so good, then around dinner time started looking for an aires, very few about, so went to the first on searchforsites , nothing there, next two been closed anyway on the tour round we did drop on an afternoon car boot sale so cheered Julie up so then headed back to the coast having a look where aires should be but various reasons, rubbish , but have now found one on the car park of a castle, just can't be bothered to look at either the castle or village till morning, had enough for one day, back to the coast tomorrow(y)
Bin search for sites and use park4night
Sfs good in UK bit crap in Europe.

That said all the aires over here and full of French long termers overstaying the allocated times

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
Don't forget that if you head to Portugal (Central), you can have all that (and wi-fi) at Quinta Majay, at the VIP Funster guest rate of €0 per night. ;)

JJ :cool:

Sounds to good to be true how many funster slaves have you got this week digging out new wells.

Seriously though we might pop in for a beer.
:party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2:

River gypsys

Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Head for genoa, we had a great time , parked in rappallo, 6 euros per night, the train to the cinque terras was well worth it

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Sounds too good to be true how many funster slaves have you got this week digging out new wells.

Seriously though we might pop in for a beer.
:party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2:

Brilliant news... but have you passed the entrance exam?

and are you still on my Christmas Card List?

By the way... I am really, really, really hoping that the well digging will no longer be necessary this season as the plan is to have a water borehole drilled (at great expense).

I get very excited, sitting in my Lafuma (copy) chair, in the shade of the main oak tree, when I imagine what a difference a permanent supply of water will make to my life. (y)

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Bin search for sites and use park4night
Sfs good in UK bit crap in Europe.

That said all the aires over here and full of French long termers overstaying the allocated times
This one was from park4night and after a very quiet night looks a very pleasant place to stay and well worth remembering for anyone visiting this area because aires are very few and far between here.
Screenshot_20180917-102140.png

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I suppose that is plus not had any dead bodies in it. :)
Not many ambulances do unless they happen to die on the way to hospital, no dead bodies are loaded on to ambulances, if you look on eBay you can buy dead body vans, have no windows in (y)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just been a walk around the town , all amenities, bars , bread , couple of super markets, all in a pretty good stop(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back