Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
So we have now sold out campervan and and haven’t yet bought a motorhome, so currently interlopers! Our house will be rented out in two weeks so we will then be homeless and travelling the country looking for our new home.
I have seen a couple of lovely motorhomes but they are several thousand over what we want to spend, we are trying to stick to £35,000. So fingers crossed we will start meeting you all on the road within the next month or so. Exciting times.

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
With that budget You should get a great motorhome, ever thought of going abroad? We did(Germany) & got a really nice van & saved a small fortune. Sold the motorhome 7 years later for 600 quid less than what we paid for it:)Anyway, hope you find your dream van & happy travels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018
CHESTERFIELD DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
PILOTE
Exp
Long enough
Most people are here under false pretences - if there was anything decent on the tele they wouldn't bother posting on here.

Any chance of you sending me the money and letting me find a good one for you ?

Thought not ........

:france::france::france::france:

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Welcome and GL in your quest for a new home :)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Sucoz & Welcome , from another I.o.W. motorhomer , we too are selling up from the island , we are moving down to Cornwall Gorran Haven .
Hope you get sorted with a motorhome & soon find your new home .
Terry & Ann + dogs ASBO Emily & Maddie

OP
OP
Sucoz

Sucoz

Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
Thankyou for your comments, and generous offer from keithchesterfield, there is no limit to how helpful people on here can be! :winky:
I have thought about buying in Germany/ Belgium but the exchange rate has been bad the whole time we’ve been looking and getting worse and doesn’t seem worthwhile currently.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi and welcome to the fun house! :D

Just one thing to consider, when you become 'homeless' you will need to arrange full-timing (ie living in) insurance on your new MH which is about 3 times the cost of 'holiday only' insurance, however if you can use someone's property as an address as your home, and LIVE there for part of the time, with your name on some bills etc, you probably won't need full-time insurance ... make sure you look into this.

OP
OP
Sucoz

Sucoz

Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
Thanks Minxy girl, I have been reading the advice on this forum for months, so have some idea of the pitfalls. We are renting to my sister, so can keep the address and will be able to pop home for Christmas etc. I have spoken to Adrian flux and there seems to be options open to us.
We went to the Newbury show today, then had a look at a dealers pilote ‘A’ class 2006, my husband was quite keen and they said they’d add solar. We are looking at a Rapido LHD (not a requirement)next week- private , not A class but has most of what we want, seems to have been uprated to 4100kg, has refillable gas, solar etc and 2012- both around £35000, just a bit nervous about buying private, although we would get a pre inspection done.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back