HEOS filler cap for Fiamma inlet? (1 Viewer)

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
I'm beginning to think these are an urban myth :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if a) they actually exist and b) where to get one from?

I'm looking for a HEOS filler cap that fits a Fiamma fresh water inlet:

IMG_0695.JPG

IMG_0696.JPG

The HEOS has three lugs but the Fiamma inlet only has two.

Brand not important, only saying HEOS because I don't know who else makes these :X3:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Never come across one I'm afraid but could you not get an extra fiamma cap, remove the lock barrel and fit a hose adaptor to it. The earliest Heos ones looked as though thats what they had done.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Bought one today from CAK Tanks. Just over £19.
Sorry just noticed your comment re lugs. Yes, it's 3 lugs.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You could try what I now do - I originally bought a HEOS one for my camper but it just didn't like it, something to do with the way the inlet pipe goes into the tank I think, so instead I used the 'hook' off a coat hanger and taped it to the hose pipe once I'd worked out the best spot so that the pipe is held in place with the hook which goes into the recessed channel inside the filler aperture and stays put even when the water is high pressure - it means I can fill the tank on my own whilst hubby empties the toilet rather than it taking both of us (one to hold the hose in and one to turn the tap on), I've tried all sorts of other methods to get the hose to stay put but none of them worked consistently and usually meant it got 'kicked out' with the water pressure and I got a soaking!

DSCF3110.JPG
DSCF3105.JPG
DSCF3106.JPG

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
You could try what I now do - I originally bought a HEOS one for my camper but it just didn't like it, something to do with the way the inlet pipe goes into the tank I think, so instead I used the 'hook' off a coat hanger and taped it to the hose pipe once I'd worked out the best spot so that the pipe is held in place with the hook which goes into the recessed channel inside the filler aperture and stays put even when the water is high pressure - it means I can fill the tank on my own whilst hubby empties the toilet rather than it taking both of us (one to hold the hose in and one to turn the tap on), I've tried all sorts of other methods to get the hose to stay put but none of them worked consistently and usually meant it got 'kicked out' with the water pressure and I got a soaking!

View attachment 214473 View attachment 214471 View attachment 214472

Today Mel, you are awarded the smith and sharp diy badge (equivalent to Blue peter badge;))

:D(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
when you buy a heos filler, it comes with 3 different collars to fit the different filler necks

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Bought one a few years ago and remember it being expensive, it never fitted my van or my new one must have it somewhere I think it’s got three tags

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Ours is in on the drive.. waiting to be filled and we will put the white cap on to travel.
Great bit of kit..
20180221_101219~01.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
RogerThat

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
instead I used the 'hook' off a coat hanger and taped it to the hose pipe

Another genius idea, I like this! Free is always good (y)

Ahhhhhhh! That's the fella!!!

But :rolleyes:

I'm not sure now, as I've seen @Minxy Girl 's DIY suggestion...

I'll sleep on it, thanks for the link though, these things are impossible to find!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Today Mel, you are awarded the smith and sharp diy badge (equivalent to Blue peter badge;))

:D(y)

Another genius idea, I like this! Free is always good (y)

But :rolleyes:

I'm not sure now, as I've seen @Minxy Girl 's DIY suggestion...

I'll sleep on it, thanks for the link though, these things are impossible to find!

Just to confirm that the ex-coat hanger hook trick works really well, it was used quite a few times on the last holiday and again on this one and has never failed ... just to be greedy I have a long and short hoses and have hooks on both ... :p

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back