Free Member
Feb 7, 2014
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Low profi
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have just checked my motorhome as we are travelling on Sunday and all the battries have gone flat. We have a sola pannel fitted that is supposed to keep everything topped up. We can't even start the engine. I have plugged it into the mains so that should charge it but I don't know why it has gone flat. It hasn't been standing long and this has never happened before. Have I accidently turned something off. Can anyone help

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Jan more info needed and checking on your part.As you say the solar should keep everything charged so it needs checking to make sure it's working and not blown a fuse or needs resetting -Does it also charge the engine battery?if not the alarm on your van can flatten a battery in a couple of weeks -Do you have a multimeter to check things with ?
terry

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Jan1ce

Free Member
Feb 7, 2014
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Low profi
Exp
I'm a newbie
Blimey I have a lot to learn. I don't know what a multi meter is. I don't know if the solar pannel charges the engine battery. I think that I need to go back to the dealer first thing. If I can get it going.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It sounds like you have only just bought it, I agree totally get it back to them for a look

If it wont start get them out to you to sort it out

(y)

Upvote 0

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
It always seem that when a MH has been parked up for a few weeks problems arise with batteries, I still have a problem with warning lamp audible beeps despite having two new Hab batteries .. Well good luck Jan hope you get it sorted soon.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back