Help

Feb 7, 2014
Rugby
MH
Low profi
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have just checked my motorhome as we are travelling on Sunday and all the battries have gone flat. We have a sola pannel fitted that is supposed to keep everything topped up. We can't even start the engine. I have plugged it into the mains so that should charge it but I don't know why it has gone flat. It hasn't been standing long and this has never happened before. Have I accidently turned something off. Can anyone help

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
South yorks
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2001
Hi Jan more info needed and checking on your part.As you say the solar should keep everything charged so it needs checking to make sure it's working and not blown a fuse or needs resetting -Does it also charge the engine battery?if not the alarm on your van can flatten a battery in a couple of weeks -Do you have a multimeter to check things with ?
terry

OP
J
Feb 7, 2014
Rugby
MH
Low profi
Exp
I'm a newbie
Blimey I have a lot to learn. I don't know what a multi meter is. I don't know if the solar pannel charges the engine battery. I think that I need to go back to the dealer first thing. If I can get it going.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It sounds like you have only just bought it, I agree totally get it back to them for a look

If it wont start get them out to you to sort it out

(y)

Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
3 years
It always seem that when a MH has been parked up for a few weeks problems arise with batteries, I still have a problem with warning lamp audible beeps despite having two new Hab batteries .. Well good luck Jan hope you get it sorted soon.

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services