Maque

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2007
Arrived in Boulogne last night and went to check the water levels and the panel didn't work showing water levels etc but has done this before after it's not been used for a while then all the lights went out. I thought the fuse had gone so left it until this morning. Looked at the fuses and replace the likely culprit on the electrobloc ebl99 and the power came back and then went again. Now nothing at all :( I've changed all the fuses and checked the connections as best I can. The vehicle battery still registers on the control panel and when I run the engine it shows as charging on the control panel. Any ideas before I pack the kids up and go home on what has been a very elaborate day trip to France. Thanks

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
no idea because Im no good at technical things so am bumping this so that others might help.

Make sure there is no dust in the area where the fuse panel goes and make sure everything is unplugged switched off if you try again. It may be just one thing tripping it or causing the problem.

Here are some other options for you

Dont pack up you will have the kids in tears.

Drive to a campsite where there are lots of motorhomes someone is bound to be a techie. They always say on here lift your bonnet up and enthusiasts will come over to see what is wrong - try that.

Use your motorhome as a glorified tent.

If its only the internal electrics what do you need them for? You can use a torch for light at night, fridges can run on gas and hot water can be boiled for washing/washing up. Buy some bottled water if your water pump isnt working.

Hope things get better for you and someone comes to your rescue soon

ps you mention vehicle battery - there should be leisure batteries in your motorhome, check the terminals xxxxx

OP
OP
M

Maque

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks, you're right about the kids....I'm leaving them here. :)
The fridge charges when the engines running so I think it'll work on hook up we're going to head for the nearest hymer dealer and find a site until Monday. I think it may be the control panel which should be able to be fudged till we get home. Feeling a little happier than I has at 7am with the cab seat out looking lost at a blue box. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Thanks, you're right about the kids....I'm leaving them here. :)
The fridge charges when the engines running so I think it'll work on hook up we're going to head for the nearest hymer dealer and find a site until Monday. I think it may be the control panel which should be able to be fudged till we get home. Feeling a little happier than I has at 7am with the cab seat out looking lost at a blue box. :)
That's the spirit and well done, I bet you get it sorted quite quickly too :)

Then we'll all hear what is was and we'll all be a little wiser for the next time a Funster asks the same question :)

Keep us posted (y)

OP
OP
M

Maque

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2007
All sorted -ish. Drove to the lovely people at the hymer dealers in Cuinchy. After doing a thorough check of all the obvious stuff they managed to diagnose it as my electroblock and lent us one so we can carry on with our holiday and we'll pick up our repaired one on the way home. I expected to wait until Monday for them to look at it but they got stuck right in, managed to get us sorted in an hour at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. If you're ever stuck in Northern France they are definitely worth a try. We are now sat in an aire with a beer after a lovely day by the seaside. How things can change in such a short amount of time. Thanks for giving us a lift when I was down and I'd also like to thank my personal sponsors, barclaycard, for enabling us to carry on. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back