Southampton
Funster No
MH
Landliner
Exp
Newbie!
OMG!

Motorhome virgin has moment of madness!

I've just bought a 1991 Landliner - Can someone please tell me i'm doing the right thing? Or at least tell my wife!

It's a 1991 2.5 Fiat diesel with power steering. I know these had a problem with damp, and this one seems to have suffered in the past as a previous owner (maybe you know them?) has gone to the trouble of glassing the seams. Not done a bad job by the looks of it.

On an AL-KO chassis - which some wise owl has told me is a "good thing" but I've no idea why.

Also says only done 49000 miles. Any way of checking this apart from looking at pedal wear, seat wear etc.

Can anyone out there in motorhome fun land shed some light and sanity on my impulse purchase?

Cheers

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I always fancied a LandLiner. I don't think they made that many as there don't seem to be many around.

Check for damp. Servicing of the Alko suspension is the sort of thing an ordinary garage may overlook as they don't fit them to cars

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
check old MOT certificates (if available) which give an idea if mileage is correct

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Help

O M G :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Are you in trouble with the wife! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

S:thumb:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
As far as mileage is concerned bear in mind that generally speaking motorhomes all tend to be low mileage - they don't normally do the mileages that a typical car might do.
Wyn

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Is it the one that was on Caravan Selecta for £3250. For that sort of money you cant go far wrong.
Get away in it and enjoy.

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Mikey,

We bought a Landliner about 6 years ago it was a great motorhome the only problem we found was that it was a bit underpowered as it wasnt a turbo diesel but we loved it to bits.
Unfortunately we went to Peterborough Show and had a good offer against a Bessacarr 760 and have since moved on to an RV, but I sometimes regret selling the Landliner as it had alot going for it the alko chassis and hand built cupboard etc.

Enjoy your buy and am sure you wont regret buying it, we fell for ours when we first clapped eyes on it. The previous owner to us looked after it well as we did.

Mick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back