Free Member
Jan 12, 2016
Nuneatone
Funster No
MH
Hymer b644sl
Exp
I have a Alden SSC auto dish.
I have been watching tv this morning fine.Turned tv off, left dish up and powered on, came back, turned tv on no picture. I retuned, dish locked on but still no picture now I don't think my LNB is positioned quite right but it had picture then none so before I climb out of roof light to twist LNB do you really think it could be that? Also what is the difference between Astra 2N and 2S on my control panel?

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
I have a Alden SSC auto dish.
I have been watching tv this morning fine.Turned tv off, left dish up and powered on, came back, turned tv on no picture. I retuned, dish locked on but still no picture now I don't think my LNB is positioned quite right but it had picture then none so before I climb out of roof light to twist LNB do you really think it could be that? Also what is the difference between Astra 2N and 2S on my control panel?
Astra 2N is north beam mostly focused on the UK, mainly for BBC, ITV etc. Astra 2S is south beam a much wider beam for mainly Sky channels although you will receive most UK channels down to the middle/south of France with a 80cm dish on both beams.
As for loosing the picture, when was the last time you had a software update. http://www.alden.fr/ hopefully will give you any information you need. Its in French but if you open the page with chrome it will translate to english.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Do you still have sound? I know at home if my scart lead comes out in the slightest I get sound and no picture. Check all your leads are firmly in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Where are you? If in central, southern France you may just have slipped out of the range.

OP
OP
M

michndan

Free Member
Jan 12, 2016
Nuneatone
Funster No
MH
Hymer b644sl
Exp
No Lyndon top Rutland still got great Turkish tv No English though and not moved.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

michndan

Free Member
Jan 12, 2016
Nuneatone
Funster No
MH
Hymer b644sl
Exp
Had to tune into Astra 1 now and watch the F1 on RTL. Don't know where English TV has gone on Astra 2 1 second there then gone.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back